It’s Unofficial but a mighty update for Samsung Galaxy GT P7500 device, we are talking of an all new Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Android 4.0 update. Please note that this update is not an official release by Cyanogen Mod team and is the leaked version of firmware. We are still awaiting the official firmware from Cyanogen which will soon be coming out as per our sources. Please note that there will be some bugs in this Cyanogen mod 9 release firmware but these will be addressed in the coming versions. You can report if there are any bugs in the comments section. This Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware ropes in the goodness of ICS Android 4.0 firmware. As released in a statement last month, Samsung will soon be coming out with the ICS release for Galaxy Tab 10.1 range very soon in the coming months.
Advisory: This update should not be applied to the phones which are NETWORK LOCKED DEVICES, if you still continue to update your phone then we cannot guarantee on the consequences.
Disclaimer: Follow all the mentioned instructions carefully. We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your phone after applying this stock firmware update. It’s very unlikely for any issues if you follow the article as mentioned.
- WiFi works
- No more SOD or display flickering
- Buttery smooth
- HQ Videoplayback
- USB Transfer – use the MTP mode and stop complaining about ICS
- Camera doesn’t work
Note: For applying this update in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500, you need to ensure that your tab is rooted and the custom recovery image is installed. Once the tab is rooted, the warranty gets void and the only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by applying the stock firmware again. Do let us know in the comments section on which is your Stock firmware update and we will be there with an article to help you restore the lost warranty.
List of Pre Requisites:
- Not all of the users follow this step but you need to back up all the data present in your tab so that just in case if any data is lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned instructions.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in your SGT P7500 should be a minimum of 70% so as to ensure that the tab doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware application process.
- Enable USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” as shown in the below screen capture.
- Disable all the Antivirus suites as well as Firewalls in your tab and computer respectively as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have carefully followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we will check out on how to apply this firmware in your SGT 10.1 P7500.
Pages: 1 2