After checking out on what are the list of instructions you need to follow so as to root and install the Clock Work Mod recovery image in your Galaxy Tab P5113 Android tablet, now in this article we will be checking out on how you can easily install the latest and most visually appealing custom ROM firmware dubbed as Clean ROM. Please note that this is the custom ROM firmware based on the Official Stock ROM, it’s not developed and released by Samsung. Since it’s a custom ROM firmware, there will be some minor bugs but these bugs will be addressed in the coming days. This all new custom ROM firmware is high on features and also ropes in the latest ICS 4.0.3 version of firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: For applying this Clean ROM custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy Tab 2, the device needs to be rooted and once it’s rooted the device will lose its Warranty. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the official update of ICS 4.0.3 firmware again. Do let us know the exact firmware version your device is currently ON in the comments section below.
In the process of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with a detailed guide on how to apply this custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy Tab 2 Android tablet. This custom ROM firmware should only be applied on the Galaxy Tab 2 P5113 tablet and not on other models of Tab 2 as it may even brick the device.
- It’s very important to Root & install Clock Work Mod Recovery in your Galaxy Tab 2 P5113 Android device before proceeding. You need to check whether the model number of your tablet is P5113 or not from the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you will get to see the model number as P5113. If there is any other model then it’s not recommended to proceed.
- Data in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 should be backed up with the help of below steps. Don’t use PC Suites like KIES to back up the data as it won’t recognize the device on the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 drivers (32-bit | 64-bit) in your computer so as to facilitate smoother firmware installation process.
- Battery left in your Tab 2 P5113 should be a minimum of 50% so as to ensure that ti doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Galaxy Tab 2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” as it will help connect your tab to the computer in this mode.
Once all the instructions mentioned above are followed successfully, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide to update Galaxy Tab with Clean ROM custom ROM firmware.
Pages: 1 2