One thing I particularly liked about Google powered Android operating system is it gets updates very quickly. Once in a while you can update your tablet or Android phone at any point of time to the latest available versions and this makes your device updated with latest products launched in terms of softwares. Also updates are important because latest version of Android version supports various apps from Market than the older versions.
Moreover as observed in mobile phones, the newer version of Android provides more enhancements and features and the same trends will continue for tablets, so its makes users to have a go with the updates periodically. Also the battery life of your device increases with the latest firmware version. With so many advantages and nothing to lose for, you should install the updates on your Samsung Galaxy Tab whenever available.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Android Updates
Follow this tutorial on how to check and update your Samsung Galaxy Tab be it 7 or be 10.1 or 8.9 -
- Before proceeding with direct firmware update, you need to check out the Android version that you have. To check the software version of your tablet, you need to press the Menu button from any homescreen.
- Since you are modifying the settings, naturally you need to proceed to “Settings“.
- Scroll down and tap on the “About Tablet“.
- As soon as you click that, you would now have the various options providing you software details on your tablet.
- Now to check for an update on your tab, check “Update“.
- You would be required to have a Samsung account, if you have it sign in or else if you don’t have click on No Samsung account and signup for the same.
- Accept the Samsung Services terms and conditions.
- You would be prompted for Wi-Fi connection or 3G connection download (this is good if you are using 3G on your tab, you can turn to Wi-Fi for incurring additional charges).
- The tablet would then connect it to the Samsung Servers to check whether are their any official updates available for download.
- And here comes the confirmation from Samsung with no updates available on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
We are not sure what update your Samsung Galaxy Tab might have, but be it any carrier like AT & T or Sprint or Verizon or T-Mobile you get updates regularly and above is the procedure on how to check those updates, install them if they are available.