Despite Android being a Google property, some options in Gmail for Android remains with limitations which is quite frustrating. One of the known limitations is you can’t attach multiple files to send and it doesn’t support many of the known formats except few. Furthermore Gmail doesn’t let you to save attachment to a specific location on your SD card or internal memory. The problem of unable to save files to SD card is solved here with the use of an Android application and we will show you on how you can do it in this article.
Gmail Attachment Download is an Android application which allows users to download attachments in Gmail and place it anywhere in your handset. So the work of downloading the attachment files into SD card is done here, moreover you have choice of to which folder you should download the files often times when you are downloading for each email. This application will act as a plugin to your Gmail and it will not create any home screen icon which is very good. Though this application is named as the Gmail Attachment Download, it can be also compatible with other email clients as well on your mobile phone.
Procedure to Saves Email Attachments to SD Card
As soon as you install this Android application on your mobile phone, there is no shortcut created on your home screen or the panel screen, which I consider is a good thing. You work is done after installing this Android application. This application requires your phone atleast to be on Android 2.1 Eclair operating system and I am sure there will be further more additions coming up in the update version of this application.
- Now when you are in Gmail on your Android smartphone, when you come across a mail which contains the attachments files then click on the Save button.
- When you click on it, you will be provided the option to view your document.
- It will further ask for complete action using, and you need to select Gmail Attachment Download.
- Now you will be asked to provide the path where you want to store the file with file name and the when done, click on Save file.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to store it.
- Finally file would be saved to the SD card folder.
Best Application, no other alternatives
Gmail Attachment Download Apps
Gmail Attachment Download Application is an Android application can be easily downloaded from Android Apps Labs for free. To download it directly on to your mobile phone, you just first need to visit the Android apps Labs page listing of Gmail Attachment Application and then click on Install button to proceed with automatic download.
Or you can install this application by making sure that you have any bar code scanner application installed on your PC and point it to the following bar code –
Android Advices Application Rating – 4.5 / 5