Guide to ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware
ASUS EEE Pad Transformer TF101 receives the first beta firmware of Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware and since this is the initial build this comes with few bugs which will be fixed in the coming days. So, just in case if you are the one who is super enthusiastic about this firmware, then we will guide you for the rest of the purpose with the same. Before we proceed, you need to make sure that you follow quick pre requisites which we have mentioned below so as to make sure that the update is successfully updated.
Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that the device is rooted and installed with the custom Recovery image. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you can check the same with the “Root Checker” app from PLAY Store.
We understand that since this is a custom ROM firmware, there will be few bugs and to fix the same. So, just in case if you wish to revert back to the original Stock Factory firmware, you can easily revert back to the same with the help of below mentioned guide.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- In the process of rooting, data loss might just occur. So, it’s very important for you to manual backup all the data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM Manager or KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Minimum charge left in your device should be 35% or else device might just get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: It’s our kind request that, kindly follow all the instructions properly in this article or else your phone might just get bricked for which we should not be held responsible.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
Guide to Update ASUS EEE Pad Transformer TF101 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once you download the same, you need to connect your Eee Pad transformer to place this zip file in your tab.
- Turn Off your Eee Pad transformer so that the device can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in Eee Pad transformer can be entered by holding the Volume down button and then press the power button after which a splash screen will be appeared with some white text on the left top corner.
- After this you need to press the Volume Up key so as to boot the device in the recovery mode. In the recovery mode, you need to select options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which all the cache data will be deleted in your device.
- Now, Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and select the Jellybean 4.2.1 custom ROM firmware which you have placed in your device. Once selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the firmware update is completed, you will see the message as “install zip from sd card completed” and then select “go back” > “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Tip: If your Eee Pad transformer doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above steps.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.