Guide to Root Galaxy ACE DUOS on Any Firmware
Galaxy ACE DUOS smartphone can now be rooted with a click which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. So, for all those who are just waiting for rooting the device, the time has come and all thanks to the recognized XDA developer manoranjan2050 for coming out with the Multi Root Installer which enables users to root Galaxy ACE DUOS smartphone with just a click. So, to start with, we have mentioned the list of pre requisites which we have mentioned below. Once the device is rooted, you can install custom ROMs based on Jellybean 4.2 firmwares and also the apps which only works on rooted devices.
Please note that once the Galaxy ACE DUOS smartphone is rooted successfully, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying with the official firmware update which we will be coming out with very shortly.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- In the process of rooting, data loss might just occur. So, it’s very important for you to manual backup all the data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM Manager or KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Battery level should not be below 35% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Also, all antivirus tools in your computer should be turned Off as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update. USB Read / Write should be there and you should have admin privileges in your computer.
Disclaimer: It’s our kind request that, kindly follow all the instructions properly in this article or else your phone might just get bricked for which we should not be held responsible.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have detailed instructions to root Samsung Galaxy ACE DUOS smartphone.
Procedure to Root Galaxy ACE DUOS:
- Before we proceed, download the Rooting Package from here to your computer and then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Now, place the Rooting package to your device’s sd card and disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that all the cache data will be cleared.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” and then select the rooting package file which you have placed in your device. Now, all you need to do is to just follow all the on screen instructions for rooting the device.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your Galaxy ACE DUOS isn’t rooted, you will have to re follow the instructions for rooting the device.
Tip: If your Galaxy ACE DUOS doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above steps.
Very soon we will be coming up with many custom ROM firmwares and other official firmwares. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.