Samsung Galaxy GRAND 2 Duos which is loaded with the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS of version XXUBNH6 can now be rooted so that the custom ROM firmwares can be installed in your device. So let’s check out on how you can root the device and install the custom ROM firmwares as this will also help you install the apps which needs the root access. Please be informed that once rooted, the warranty may be void but can be restored by installing the official firmware again from the below mentioned link;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data present in your device needs to be backed up with the help of apps like SMS Backup and Restore, Call Log Backup and Restore. As soon as the backup is finished, copy the backup files to your computer from the file explorer in your device.
- Battery in your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos should be more than 50% or else your device might get turn Off in the middle of rooting,
- Make sure that all the required drivers are installed in your computer so that your device can be connected to the computer without any hassle.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you apply this root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Grand 2 on Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Download the Rooting zip file in your computer along with the Odin. After downloading these 2 files, you need to extract the same in your computer, preferably to the desktop.
- Right click on the file to check for “Unblock” option, if found click on the same to unblock it.
- Turn Off your Galaxy Grand 2 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. Once the device enters in the Download mode, you will see the green robot.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Once connected, ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow / Green depending upon the Odin version. If you don’t see ID: COM section turn some other color, then you need to install the drivers from Samsung’s Official website.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you have got after extracting the rooting package.
- Once you select the tar file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Firmware update process will take around 2 -3 minutes and once updated, you will then have to wait for the device to reboot.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. You can then proceed on to install the clock work mod recovery image in your device without backing up as backing up the ROM image may sometimes brick your device.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will be there to fix the same.