SONY Xperia J smartphone can now be rooted and installed with the Custom Recovery image. For all those who wanted to know the benefits of rooting, then we would like to tell you that once the device is rooted, you can then install many apps which need root access and also you can install the custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming out shortly. Before we proceed on to check on what are the detailed instructions with which you can root and install Clock Work mod recovery, you will need to follow the quick pre requisites mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Only with the help of below mentioned steps, it’s preferred to create a backup. Make sure that you are not making use of SONY PC Companion for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > More > Development Options > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you have followed all the quick pre requisites mentioned above, you will need to proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial to root and install CWM in your SONY Xperia J smartphone.
Procedure to Root and Install Custom Recovery Image in SONY Xperia J:
- Download the Rooting Package and CWM Package and extract the same to your desktop. Once extracted, you will see a file called as Runme.bat which you need to Run as Administrator by Shift + Right Clicking on the file.
- Connect your SONY Xperia J smartphone with the help of original USB cable and allow and follow the on screen instructions to root the same.
- Now once the rooting process is completed, extract the CWM Package in your computer and run the file which is “Runme.bat” and wait for the process to get completed.
- To check on whether the device is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check the same.
Just in case if at any point of time you wish to root the device, then you can do so with the help of below mentioned instructions.
Procedure to UnRoot SONY Xperia J Smartphone:
- Download the Stock / Default ROM for SONY Xperia J and Flash tool from here to your computer. Once both the files are downloaded, click on Flash tool to install the same.
- Open the Flash tool in your computer and select the Stock Firmware of .ftf file which you got after the extraction of Firmware.
- Turn off your phone and press and hold the Volume DOWN button and connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
- Now, the tool will be flashing the firmware onto the device and then you will see that the firmware will be applied successfully which is the factory one.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section on whether your device is rooted or not as we will try our level best to sort out the same.