Guide to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Update – Super Stable Resurrection Remix
People believes in Numbers and this custom ROM firmware has managed to get users into confidence, if you haven’t guessed it then it’s the makers of Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Resurrection Remix firmware has been there for quite a while and has won hearts of many when it came to the customizations. The best part of this is that this firmware is very stable and also doesn’t clutter the device with unwanted files and optimizations. Straight and up to the point is the motive of this firmware and also visually this firmware is very beautiful which we have mentioned below.
This firmware ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 should be backed up ONLY with the help of below mentioned steps manually as it will help you restore the same easily. Also don’t use ROM Manager to create a backup of all the data as it may even brick your device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
- Please note that this is the custom ROM firmware and for updating with this you will have to make sure that you have rooted your Galaxy S2 device which bears the model number as I9100.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Just in case if your device is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you can easily root your device.
Please note that you can be on any of the rooted firmwares, it’s not necessary to root ONLY with the above mentioned build. So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 phone with Resurrection Remix Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware package & Add-On Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and place this zip file in your device along with the Add-On Package.
- After placing the files in your device, download the “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store. Now, all you need to do is to disconnect the device from computer and enter your Galaxy S2 in the recovery mode. You can either enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM manager app or manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and choose the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM firmware and then the Add-On Package. Once the firmware is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will see the message as “install from sd card completed” and then all you need to do is to just select “go back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check whether the firmware is updated or not, check from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix firmware. Very soon we will be coming up with an article which will help you to upgrade with the latest Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware version for Galaxy S II.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest. So, there you go, you have successfully updated your device with the latest firmware.