After last time when we saw on how you can upgrade Galaxy 3 I5801 (APPOLO) firmware to Froyo 2.2 version, many of the users complained about non-working of Live Wallpapers, Chinese scripts in some of the core phone applications which many users couldn’t get rid off. So, since now you have tasted the Beta version of Froyo and for the users who wished to go back to the Indian version of original firmware we will guide you on how you can again go back to the stable ROM of DDJG6 2.1 version which is official Eclair version from Samsung Electronics. Please ensure that if you are having only complaint of non working of Internet then the problem is not in firmware, you will have to configure your Internet Settings which can be done by configuring the APN Settings which will be there in the Wireless & Network Settings. Before proceeding to downgrade from the current 2.2 Froyo version ensure that you follow the instructions carefully and it will take hardly 5 minutes to downgrade the software from the current Froyo 2.2 to the Eclair 2.1 version.
- Ensure that your phone is Samsung Galaxy 3 I5801 and not any other phone and after that also ensure that your current version is ZFJP3. To check on which version you are on then you will have to just tap on the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show 2.2.
- Also, most importantly since the firmware update process will wipe all the contacts, sms, third party applications, music, images and videos you will have to ensure that you have taken a backup of all your content so that you can easily restore them.
- Ensure that before proceeding to downgrade, the battery is at least a minimum of 60% charge, higher is the better. This is just an advisory though which if recommended will lead to smoother firmware update.
- Close all PC suite softwares from your computer or Laptop so that it doesn’t intervene with the device updation process. Also, additionally ensure that you close all antivirus applications, firewalls etc. before opening KIES as this may interrupt the updation process and make sure that your computer or laptop has a supports USB 2.0.
Procedure to downgrade Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801 to Eclair 2.1:
- First up you will have to download the official Eclair 2.1 DDJG6 Package on your computer and after which you need to extract the same, please note that if it prompts for password while extracting the downloaded file then you need to enter password as “androidadvices.com”. Upon extraction in the folder you will find three files in all which are named as Galaxy3IN.ops, Odin_I5801 by Android Advices and I5801DDJG6.tar file which is the actual firmware file.
- Now, after done with the above mentioned files, you will have to now remove memory card along with the SIM Card from your phone and need to enter into the download mode.
- To enter the download mode you will have to hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button), while holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device by Pressing he Power ON button.
- Upon entering the download mode you will see a blue colored screen as shown below which will signify that you are in download mode.
- Next up, open the Odin from the extracted folder and connect your Galaxy 3 i5801 to the computer or Laptop with the help of USB cable after which you will see that in the “Odin Multi Downloader”, the COM Port Mapping block will turn yellow and will show up 1 (COM 6) in the box which will mean that the required drivers have been successfully installed after which in the Message field you will see that <1> Detected!!! As shown below.
- Now next, in the Odin’s Option field you need to ensure that Auto Reboot, Protect OPS, One Package and Reset Time (Sec) options are ticked and in the “Reset Time (Sec) field” 300 is entered as shown in the below screen shot.
- In the Debug option of Odin, ensure that Debug Only is unticked as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, click on OPS tab and choose the file Galaxy3IN.ops file.
- Click on the One Package tab and choose I5801DDJG6 file.
- Now, after double checking whole entries as mentioned above and then click on the Start tab. Ensure that you don’t plug out the USB cable unless and until you see any notification on your phone’s home screen which will be seen after the successful firmware update.
There you go, so as soon as you click on the Start tab, the firmware updation process will get completed within seconds and your Samsung Galaxy 3 I5801 will be successfully downgraded to the original version of Eclair 2.1 DDJG6. Do, let us know if you face any issues while you downgrade the version, also don’t forget to restore the backup taken into your device. Also, who want to know how to increase the battery life for Galaxy 3 then can too benefit from some important and simple tips!