For the owners of HTC Desire who have recently updated their phones with the latest firmware of 1.72 or 1.75 it was just the bad news for all as instead of user benefitting options htc smartly feeded in the applications which will avoid all the rooting procedures and is capable of even bricking the device for whole life with no option of regaining the same. So, all we can do is to downgrade to other versions which are more flexible and are more customizable, so let’s check out how you can downgrade to a much better version so that you can unlock your desire HD to the whole new level of customization and applications with the power of rooting. This downgrade can be performed by all the users of HTC DESIRE HD whose current versions of the Android system versions are either 1.72 or 1.75 which recently got released in December last year.
Till now there is no thread with which we will be able to root the device straight from 1.72 and 1.75 version and the only option left to root the device is from the version of 1.32.405.6 along with the the free tool which is gfree tool. Do, ensure that before proceeding to update you have checked the version of your current. To check the version of your HTC DESIRE HD phone, you will have to first up go to “Settings” > “About Phone” where you will find the version name along with the number.
Before proceeding to the downgrade you will have to have to ensure that you have the following pre requisites:
- First up you will have to ensure that you have setuped the ADB on your Windows
- Next you will have to install the Htc Sync on your computer
- After this you will have to download Psneuter and also the Firmware 1.32.405.6.
- Apart from the above things, you will also have to download Miscellaneous Version to your computer and need to extract the same contents in your computer
Procedure to downgrade HTC Desire HD to 1.32.405.6:
- First up you will have to move “Psneuter” and “Miscellaneous Version” package files to the folder named “platform-tools” which will be there in the Android SDK folder.
- Now, you will have to put your HTC Desire HD in the USB Debugging Mode which can be done by going to “Applications” first then to “SETTINGS”, “Applications”, “Development” and then check on the option of “USB Debugging” as shown below.
- Now, you will have to connect your Desire HD to the computer via the USB cable and then on your computer you will have to open the “Command prompt” option after which you will have to key in the following mentioned commands as it is,
adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp
adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/psneuter
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version
adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter
- As soon as you enter the above commands you will see that “#” sign will be coming instead of “$” symbol which signifies that it has been temporarily rooted and after which you will have to enter the below mentioned commands.
/data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 1.31.405.3
Now, you will have to copy the downloaded firmware 1.32.405.6 to the root of the SD card of your HTC Desire and note that you don’t have to extract the contents of the folder or the downloaded application.
- Now, again the in the command prompt you will have to run the below mentioned command.
adb reboot bootloader
Now, all you need to do is to just follow the on screen instructions for flashing the firmware 18.104.22.168.
Now, there you go, congratulations you have now successfully downgraded your HTC Desire HD from v 1.72 or 1.75 to 1.32.405.6. Do, let us know if you face any issues while performing the above process, if you get stuck up any where in between then don’t panic, just repeat the above mentioned procedure again.