Have you ever wanted to check whether there are any updates for your Android handset and wondered how you can do that? Now in this post we will tell you in brief how we can check for updates. Android phones come with the capability of updating the software over the air directly on to your phone, without taking pains of connecting your android device to PC or laptop. Generally, once an update is available you will be notified via an update message automatically but if you want to check whether your phone has any updates or not then you need to follow a simple procedure with which you can check for updates manually.
The update tool is more like windows featured option, like if an update arrives, you are notified automatically whether you want to opt for it or not like wise in Android too you are notified. Once your Android phone receives any information in regards to update you will be notified about the same and once receiving on your confirmation to install the same, your Android phone will be updated.
Procedure to Check updates for your Android Handset:
- 1. If your phone is not switched on, then first switch it on and then go to “Menu” button to unlock it.
- 2. Now, press the “home” button and also next press the “menu” button.
- 3. Go to “settings” by either pressing on screen or on navigation wheel.
- 4. Once you are done by going into the settings, scroll down and select the option “about phone” option. As soon as select that option, it will display the information i.e. on which version you Android version build its running with version number along with that.
- 5. Now, to check whether, you are on the latest version or an update is waiting, go to “system updates” and your phone will check whether there are any updates for your Android handset or not. Though there’s no use of checking the updates daily but checking once in a while like in every 7 days is a good option.
If you are a person like me who doesn’t want to venture deep into options for just checking the updates there for all my type people there’s specially a mobile app named “Any cut”. Basically what “Any cut”does is it basically creates the short cuts to the main home screen of your Android device which makes things simpler and you need not go deep into the menu for finding the application’s original location.
Procedure to create Shortcut of “Device info” to your Home screen:
- 1. First download this application called “Any cut” from here or also you can download it from Android market.
- 2. After downloading, install the same and then open “Any cut”, choose “Device info” as the “activity” and then scroll to the end of the list and press “check for updates”.
- 3. Once you are done with the process, it’s time to exit to the home screen where you will be prompted to install the update, install the same and there you go, you have successfully finished creating a shortcut.