For all the users who use HTC Wildfire, here’s a great news for all you people as you can now taste your HTC Wildfire with the latest Cyanogen Mod 7 ROM so that you can get out of that boring Eclair 2.1 interface with the advanced 2.2 interface plus many tweaks which will improves the overall UI and also the speed and the battery performance is optimized after installing the latest Cyanogen Mod 7 build of software. Please note that before proceeding to install the Cyanogen Mod 7 firmware, you will have to ensure that you have rooted your HTC Wildfire phone and also you have to make sure that you have taken a backup of all data in your phone including your contacts, messages and applications. Please note that if you have Cyanogen Nightly build then you need to remove the same.
If you have synced your phone with your Google account, your contacts, calendar, Gmail, and some Google data will not be lost and will come back after the next sync. Alternatively, you can also transfer all the phone contents in your SD card as the SD card contents are not wiped off but it’s recommended to back up that too as in an unlikely event you may lose all the details in your phone as well as in the SD Card. Please note that for rooting your HTC Wildfire, you will have to find the same procedure which is followed for HTC Aria. So, read the instructions to root for HTC Wildfire carefully and then follow the same.
After rooting HTC Wildfire, let’s see on how you can install the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7 which comes with added battery power and other tweaks which also improves the overall speed and user interface. Please note that before proceeding to install the Cyanogen Mod 7 firmware, you will have to ensure that you have rooted your HTC Wildfire phone and also you have to make sure that you have taken a backup of all data in your phone including your contacts, messages and applications.
Also, note that if you have synced your phone with your Google account, your contacts, calendar, Gmail, and some Google data will not be lost and will come back after the next sync. Alternatively, you can also transfer all the phone contents in your SD card as the SD card contents are not wiped off but it’s recommended to back up that too as in an unlikely event you may lose all the details in your phone as well as in the SD Card.
Before proceeding you will have to install the ClockworkMod recovery in your phone which can be downloaded from the Android Marketplace after which you can flash your device out of choosing from any one method of your choice. If you have already installed the Clock work mod recovery application then you need not follow the below procedure.
Procedure to install clockwork Mod recovery in HTC Wildfire:
- Open Android Market place from your HTC Wildfire and search for “ROM Manager”. Now download this application and install the same.
- After installing the application, open the same and select the “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery” option from the list of options in the Wildfire to proceed.
- Now, select the device “HTC Aria” after which you need to accept the root permission which will be popped up in the next step after selecting the device. If it prompts for the Super user access then you will have to make sure that you choose “Remember” or “Always” option before you select the “Allow” option.
- Some of the users have complained about some problems like freezing and muting of device or even force close errors, in this case it’s advised to restart the device and then try the same or if you see any notification of force close error then you can do the same and then repeat the above procedure to finish the process. If the clockwork mod gets flashed successfully then you will get a message that “Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery” or else you will have to repeat the process.
Procedure to flash Cyanogen Mod on your HTC Wildfire:
- So, now after successfully flashing the Clockwork mod recovery, you now have to launch the ROM Manager app and then you will have to choose the option Flash “Clockwork Mod recovery” for updating the latest version.
- Now, select the download ROM option from the main menu which is there in the ROM Manager after which you will have to choose the “Cyanogen Mod” option from the list after which simply choose the latest version of Cyanogen mod from the menu itself. Please note that if you want the default Google apps too along with the cyanogen mod then you will have to select the Google Apps option too in the list.
- After downloading the required files, you will have to “Backup existing ROM” and also need to select the “Wipe Data and Clear Cache” option if prompted by the super user. After you select these options, the Wildfire will get restarted and will reboot in the recovery mode wherein you will have to select “Wipe Data and Clear Cache” option from the menu and select Cyanogen Mod 7 file to install after which again the wildfire will be rebooted with Cyanogen mod successfully installed in it.
Via Recovery Method:
- If you are unable to install from the above method then you can install the latest Cyanogen mod 7 with the help of recovery method, please note that if from above method the cyanogen mod 7 is installed perfectly then you don’t need to follow the below procedure.
- Download the latest version of Cyanogen Mod which is Version 7 along with the Google Apps for your device from your computer.
- Now, place this Cyanogen mod update.zip file at the root of the SD card along with the GoogleApps.zip in the root of your SD Card.
- After this you will have to boot the device in the clockwork mod recovery and once the device boots in the Clockwork mod Recovery, with the help of side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select from the list of options.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and choose “install zip from SD card” and then choose “choose zip from SD card”. Now, you will have to choose the “Cyanogenmodupdate.zip”. After installing this, you will have to install the Google Apps by performing steps again by choosing the GoogleAppsupdate.zip after this you need to select “Ok” option after which you need to go back to the main menu and select “Reboot system now” after which the device will be rebooted and you will see that the Cyanogen mod is successfully installed on your device.