For all the owners of HTC Wildfire S you would surely want to know on how you can increase the battery life of your HTC Wildfire S as many of the users have reported lower battery strength. With a 3.2 inched screen and a 1250 mah of battery power company claims that it will last for 214 minutes of talk time or a standby time of a whopping 373 hours but wish it would last for such a long time in the real test. With repeated tests, even a new phone couldn’t last for such a long time as company always gives the values on ideal conditions which are ideally impossible to replicate at the user level but not to worry though we can’t increase the battery power or something like that we can optimize the usage so that we can increase the battery life of the HTC Wildfire S by a fair amount of time. With such a decent power of battery life you can easily make the most out of it, so let’s proceed and see what are the things you should consider while using your phone.
So, there are some tips and tricks by following which you can not only easily increase the battery life but also the overall efficiency is increased by a huge margin. Soon we will also come out with the Rooting of HTC Wildfire S with which you can further make use of many applications which will unlock the potential of your device.
Increase Battery Efficiency
When we talk of increasing the battery life, efficiency matters a lot. So, to increase the battery efficiency you need to keep couple of things pinned which are,
- Clean the battery contacts once in two months with a piece of dry cloth,
- Never keep the battery for overnight charge as this might over charge the device which affects the battery life to a greater extent,
- USB charging is not recommended when battery level is less than 15% as USB charging basically trickle charges which is not good if the battery has less charge available, make use of AC Charger at this time,
- Frequent pull offs loosens up the battery contact pins which is not good for the phone as well as the battery as once it gets loose then you need to change the battery or also in some cases you will have to change the pins which gets coupled with the battery at the time of battery placement.
- Never put battery in extreme temperatures like in extreme cold or in extreme hot like in sunlight or other places as this will spoil the battery immediately.
- Never place anything above or below the battery shelf in the phone as many times we tend to place an extra sim card below the battery or above, by doing this the battery may get spoiled and may also result in battery bulging which is very dangerous.
Optimize battery Charge
Now, after following the above battery manners, you will now have to ensure that the charge left in the battery is optimized so that you can make use of the remaining battery life very efficiently. So, let’s check out some tips which will guide you in optimizing he battery life,
- Use darker wallpapers instead of lighter shades of wallpapers as with the use of lighter wallpapers the battery tends to discharge very quickly.
- With the use of Live wallpapers, the battery will discharge very quickly as screen tends to move with the use of Live wallpapers.
- The biggest battery drainers are WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync and also the intensity of brightness. So all these you can control with a single centralized “Power Widget”. Just long press on your Android’s home screen and after which just select “Widgets” and then scroll down to find and select “Power Control” after which this widget will be placed in the home screen as shown below.
We all love setting up the wallpapers which are either rich in colours or have the motion wallpapers like Live wall papers but actually this is the biggest battery drainer as what happens exactly is due to continuous motion on the screen of the Live wallpapers, the screen tends to move and hence which eats up the battery power to the maximum as it’s a continual process. Also, it’s recommended to use the darker wallpapers rather than lighter wallpapers as to glow up lighter wallpapers it will require more battery life and with darker wallpapers it requires less battery life as there’s not much to glow up in the darker wallpapers.
Also, it’s very important that you always make use of the original accessories for charging your phone like original Charger and the original battery as the duplicate accessories may even spoil your phone as the ratings are compromised with. Also, it’s not advised to charge via the USB charging as in fact this trickles the charge which is not good for the battery and always use the AC Chargers. It will take a flat 3 hours of time to charge your HTC Wildfire S, but it may take longer when you charge with the USB charger.
Use Smart App:
The app My Settings will give you numerous little toggle switches and let you turn auto-sync on and off easily, if you like the idea of having a whole screen full of power-saving icons. With the use of advanced and simple apps which is in the form of “My Settings” you can easily keep an eye on all the parameters which eat up the battery as you can see that with the help of an intuitive interface you can easily manage all the battery drainers right on a single screen as you can see in the below screen shot. This smart app can be easily searched and downloaded from the Android Market Place.
So, in this way you can easily save on the battery life and hence eventually it increases the battery life of HTC Wildfire S. Please note that many of the users try to fix the battery of higher power than is instead of using the 1250 mah standard battery many of the users tend to use 3000mah battery for HTC Wildfire S, but its highly not recommended for the phone as its not certified to use battery of your choice and may affect the performance of the phone. If you too have got any ideas to save battery or to increase the battery life then do leave a comment below so as to spread the same.