How to Install Android 3.0 Honeycomb on Nook Color
If you have got a Nook Color, then you will be surprised that you can now install the latest version of Android operating system which is Honey Comb 3.0. Please note that before we proceed on the installation process, make sure that you have created a backup of all the applications and all other data which is there on your device as you will lose all data on your Nook color.
Please note that some of the functionalities won’t work like Sound playback, DSP, hardware decoding, though many of the functionalities work like Graphics acceleration, Accelerometer, WiFi, touch buttons, touch screen and sleep / wakeup functionality
Procedure to to install Android 3.0 Honeycomb on Nook Color:
- First of all you will need to download the Nook HoneyComb image from here and then you will have to unzip by using WinZip onto your computer.
- Now, ensure that you have at least an 4GB or preferably 8GB one so that the system files can be easily accommodated.
- If you are using a Windows based computer then you will be requiring the WinImage, just download this and install the same, after which under the Disk option, choose Restore Virtual Image to Physical Drive and change the files shown bottom part to all files and then select the file.
- If you are on Mac based systems then you need to open the terminal window and first you will have to find in which drive the sd card is mapped on to and then you will have to type in the terminal, please note that you are identifying the right SD card and not the hard disk.
Unmount the drive by typing the below command:
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk#
(check with your disk number, if its disk2 then in the above command too you will have to make changes)
- Next computer will say to unmount of all volumes on disk was successful
Now, type in the following command,
dd if=nookhoney01.img of=/dev/rdisk# bs=1m
Now, you will have to copy in the card.
- After copying, you will now have to turn off your Nook, insert the microSD card, and that’s it you will see that your Nook color is running the latest Android operating system that’s Honeycomb 3.0.