How to Install Android OS on PC Netbook or Laptop
Recently we heard on some forums installed Android’s Gingerbread on the Nokia’s N900 and now let’s see how you can install Meego on your PC or Net book or even on the Laptop. So, let’s proceed on how you can install the same on your Asus eee PC. It’s not sure but it works on most of the computers. So, before we proceed to the procedure for install the Android OS on your system, you need to download Android x86 and also you need to port your device to the Android x86. So, let’s proceed and see how you can install the latest Eclair 2.0 Android operating system on your Asus ee PC.
How to Install Android OS on your EEE PC?
- First, you will need to download the bootable Android x86 iso file and need to push the same into your USB storage device either by using Win32DiskImager – or UNetBootIn
- Now, you need to insert the USB drive in your net book and set the same to boot from USB drive from the BIOS options and then you need to restart your net book.
- Now, the installation process will be started and the you can now use the same as the Live USB so that it can run Android without installing on your hard disk.
- Now, if you choose to install the same, you need to select the partition for installing the same and then format using EXT3 format and then you need to choose the GRUB boot loader.
- Now, after the installation, you need to reboot your system and will run the Android operating system.
Almost all features and enhancements looks nice as everything works fine but most of the users had complained about the USB disconnection if any big size file is being transferred but apart from that everything else like WiFi, Mouse, Keyboard and other peripheral integration seems like great with a clean and neat overall interface. Please note that this can be used as a backup OS or also can be made as a stand-alone OS. This also comes with an Android Market place which is compatible with the x 86 platforms.