If your Android device is not sporting the Swype keyboard, then we will guide you on how you can install the same on any of the Android mobile phone. Many devices like Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini etc. doesn’t come with Swype installed out of the Box. For all those who doesn’t know what is Swype, Swype is basically a text input for touch screen phones in short it’s just a keypad of a different kind which is different from the default version which comes by default.
Before installing the Swype keypad for your Android device, you need to make sure that you haven’t installed the earlier version of Swype which was released in November 2010. If you have installed the Swype’s earlier version then you need to uninstall the same before installing the new version which we will be discussing in the due course of this article. If you want to know on how you can uninstall the Swype then follow the instructions below:
Procedure to uninstall the Swype Keypad:
- First, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Swype and then select uninstall option and press OK. After this, Swype will get uninstalled.
- Note that if you are removing the Swype completely then you need to choose the Swype Installer and then choose Uninstall Swype installer; press Ok after which Swype installer will get uninstalled.
Before proceeding to install the latest version, you first have to register with Swype after which you will have to follow the steps which are mentioned below
Procedure to install the latest version of Swype Keypad:
- As soon as you register with Swype from the above mentioned link, you will immediately receive the mail from the Team Swype regarding the confirmation of account, click on the link mentioned in the link after which again you will receive a mail as shown in the below snapshot:
- Now, after clicking on the first link which is mentioned in the mail, you will be redirected to the page where you have to download the Swype from as shown below,
- As soon as you click on the link, the file downloading starts and you can see that Swype-Installer.apk file will be downloaded, please note that this is not the final installation file.
- After the downloading of Swype-Installer gets finished, you will have to tap on the downloaded file as shown below,
- Now, here you may/may not get the below shown message that “For Security, your phone is set to block installation of Applications not sourced in Android Market”. If you get this message just click on Settings and proceed.
- The message can be dispersed after checking the option of “Unknown Sources”, you will see a message that “Your phone and data are more vulnerable to attack by applications from unknown sources. …”, Just click on Ok as shown below.
- Now, after selecting OK option, you will get a screen as shown below where you just need to tap on the Install option.
- As soon as you click on Install, the application will get installed within seconds after which you will have to tap on Open option as shown below.
- After installation, if there is an available update to the Swype Installer, you will be prompted to download and install the new version as shown below.
- Now, simply login into your account with the login credentials which you have entered at the time of registration.
- Next up, you will have to select the version which you want to download and install, select the same as shown in the below snapshot
- Now, you will have to wait till the Swype get downloaded.
- As soon as the Swype gets downloaded, press on Install
- Press on Done when prompted as shown below.
To enable swipe, click on Enable Swipe, check the Swype option by checking the tick mark, press Ok for the message “The input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers….”, select Swype, and then also choose the input method as Swype and then finally click on Finish to start the Skype. So, in this way you have successfully downloaded and installed the skype.