If you have recently bought an all newly launched Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100, then you would for sure want to make the most out of the open sourceness of your phone. So, let’s check out on how you can easily further speed up the super speed dual core processor of 1.2 GHz to a maximum of up to 1.5 GHz and that too safely and without any risks. Though this would require you to know that doing so you will lose your warranty but yes, by again re flashing with any other firmware will normalize the device and then you can claim the warranty.
Basically the over clocking can be measured by using the Quadrant scores of the device and you will be happy to hear that the quadrant scores go up to a maximum of 4000 which will make this Galaxy S2 the fastest Android device on Earth. Also, this has been tested on quite a few devices and is found to be a very smooth and stable with no errors on what so ever which is the best part. Also, with the help of the simple guide which we will be looking in the due course of the article anyone be it a developer or a newbie can easily overclock the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
Pre Requisites of Overclocking Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to 1.5 GHz:
- First of all you will have to ensure that you are on the XWKDD 2.3.3 custom firmware which can be done by simply following the procedure and then after installing the XWKDD 2.3.3 firmware, you will have to also root the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Ensure that you are doing this on your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 and not on any other device or else this will brick the device.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the Galaxy S2 Overclock Essentials zip file which contains the Odin flash tool as well as the Overclock kernel which will be required in the due course of the article. After downloading the zip file, you will have to unzip the same, but in the process of extraction if it prompts you to enter the password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com”.
- Ensure that you have backed up all the data in your phone as well as the data in your Memory card if any as in an unlikely event if the data is lost then you should be in a position to restore them all right from your contacts, messages, applications, call log etc.
- Please note that if you don’t follow the procedure then we should not be held responsible in any manner, so it’s recommended to go through the procedure once carefully and then proceed for over clocking the phone.
- Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum.
- It’s highly recommended to close all the Antivirus programs, firewall software applications including the softwares like KIES etc. as these softwares may prevent the flashing and also is advised to remove memory card or the SIM card if any so as to further ensure that data is not lost in these mediums.
Procedure to Overclock Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to 1.5 GHz from 1.2GHz:
- First up you will have to switch Off the Galaxy S2 phone, after which you will have to turn ON your phone in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy S II can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down button + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer the below picture if you are unable to enter into the download mode.
- Now, after turning ON your device in the download mode, you will have to open the Odin file which is there in the unzipped folder.
- Next up you will have to connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable while keeping the Odin open and then you will see that the ID:COM box will be lighted yellow as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, just click on the “PDA” and select the “GalaxyS2_OC_v1.tar” file from the unzipped folder.
- After this just ensure that ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F:Reset Time’ options are ticked and ‘Re-partition’ option is not checked.
- Now, after double checking the above options which you have selected above, click on the “Start” option in the Odin to start the process of over clocking.
- So, after 3-4 minutes of installation of files, the device will be rebooted successfully. So, now after the Galaxy S2 restarts you will have to download an app called “Set CPU” from the Android Market Place.
So, after the installation of the Set CPU application you just need to open the same to set the desired CPU frequency and also you can set different profiles as per your requirements easily. As you can see in the above screen shots of the SET CPU application, you can easily increase the CPU Speed accordingly. Do let us know if you face any issues in overclocking the Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT I9100.