How to rename files in Android phone
Question: Hi, my name is Vijay and am really need help of you as am unable to rename the folder in my newly bought Samsung Galaxy S, now even i doubt if ever Google’s Android has an option where in one can rename the files and folders which is quite basic tool yet an powerful and essential. I had searched a lot on finding the renaming option for almost a week now in my phone and still i haven’t found an option for renaming the files, i just wanted to know whether is there any software application or a trick to rename?
Answer: Hello Vijay, first of all it’s great to hear that you are having one of the most powerful phones on Earth. Yes i agree with your concern that renaming of a folder is a very basic tool yet a powerful must have one too. I am glad to tell you that you can very well rename files or folders in your Samsung Galaxy S or also in any other Android handsets very easily without needing a separate application for renaming files or folders. Just follow the simple procedure below wherein i will guide you with a simple process where in you can rename the files or folders very easily.
Procedure to rename files / folders in any Android phone:
- First tap on “Applications” from your home screen of your Android phone.
- Now after tapping on “Applications” from the home screen find “My files” icon and tap on it.
- As soon as you click on “My files” icon, a list of folders will be listed on the screen, so find the appropriate file which you want to rename.
- After opening the appropriate file which you want to rename long press on the folder or file which you want to rename till a new pop up comes up where in options like share, delete, move, copy, rename and details come up as shown below.
- Now from the pop up list tap on “Rename” option and key in the desired name which you want to change to and then click on “OK”.
- Now, as soon as click on “OK” the name of the folder or file gets renamed.
There you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to rename files or folders in your Android device with few simple steps. Hey vijay, you may also like to know that how one can install or un install the applications from your Android device.