With the launch of LG Optimus 2X in India after it launched recently in Singapore, many would have for sure bought this excitingly thin mobile phone, so for all those who are very eager and are excited to know how you can root your LG Optimus 2x so that you can unlock your phone’s potential to the maximum, probably more that 2x let’s check out by a simple tutorial which we will be discussing in the due course of this article. Do, note that if you are new to android then you may not be well versed with the dynamics of Android, but not to worry as at Androidadvices.com we ensure that you learn every single thing about Android so that you can make the most out of your Android and which will ensure that your phone is not the same everyday after all you are using an Android phone which is full of customizations and not a Symbian phone which is the same every day and every phone leaving apart few things. Rooting has its own set of benefits.
Please note that you will have to backup all your applications, messages and also all your songs, images, videos and contacts as in the process of rooting you may lose all your information. So, it’s highly recommended to either sync all your data or create the backup of all your data so that you can restore the same. Also, most importantly note that your warranty will be voided once you root your phone but once you un root your phone the warranty can be claimed as normal. So, kindly proceed at your own risk. Not to worry if you follow the procedures as mentioned below then your device will be safe but if you skip any of the below mentioned procedure you will end up bricking your LG Optimus 2x.
Method 1 to Root LG Optimus 2x:
- First up you will have to download the SuperOneClick on your computer from here and after which you need to unzip the same and need to keep the zip file on the desktop (Password : androidadvices.com)
- Now next up you will have to take your LG Optimus 2x phone and need to put your phone in the USB Debugging Mode which can be done by first going to Applications > Settings > Applications > Development > and after that you will have to select the USB Debugging mode.
- After this now you will have to connect your LG Optimus phone to your computer with the help of the USB cable afterwhich you will have to open the extracted folder Super Once Clickvx.x.x-Short Fuse and then you will have to double click on the executable file which is SuperOneClick.exe.
Now, next up you will have to simply click on the “Root” button tab and in few seconds you will see that rooting takes place easily and the device may get restarted in this due process.
Method 2 to Root LG Optimus 2x:
Just in case if you are unable to root your LG Optimus 2x by the above procedure, you can follow the procedure below so as to root your phone easily.
- First of all you will have to download the application called z4root from here on your computer and then you will have to unzip the same to get the .apk file which can be then copied on your android phone easily. While unzipping the password will be asked and at that time you will have to enter the password as “androidadvices.com”.
- After copying the Z4Root.apk file in your phone, you need to go to the application in the files and need to tap on it to install the same on your Optimus 2x.
- As soon as the installation completes, open this Z4Root application after which you will see that there are two options, one is the temporary root and another one will be the Permanent Root. From this, you will have to tap on the “Permanent Root” after which the device will be rooted in seconds. Do, note that while the process is running don’t interrupt its processes or else you will have to repeat the rooting process, and also its not recommended to choose the temporary root as if you do the temporary root then the device will get un rooted just by a simple restart.
- As soon as the reboot is completed which will be done after the rooting gets done, you will see that a new icon “Superuser” will be created in the screen which will be in the shape of the skull. This means your device has been successfully rooted.
So, just by following steps which are mentioned above you will be easily able to root your LG Optimus 2X phone.