Finally, there’s some good news to the users of Motorola Defy, as we will now tell you that how you can root your Motorola Defy mobile device. Although there may be legal, voids any warranty associated with your device and it’s not necessary that un rooting the device will regain the warranty status which will then be made like factory handset with all additional settings being removed which are caused by rooting your device.
There are basically two methods with which you can root your Motorola Defy:
It’s highly recommended that you follow every single step carefully as if not followed carefully may brick your device or make your phone as unusable. Also, its recommended that you back up all your data as in an unlikely even you may lose your phone’s data completely, if it’s so then you should be in a position to restore all your contacts and other data which is useful.
- The first and the foremost step is to download and configure the ADB on your PC. You can check out the procedure on the XDA forums site.
- Now, once you are done with the above part, select your phone in debugging mode by going to Settings > Applications > Development and select USB debugging box just by tapping on that option.
- Now, don’t connect your device now, as you will now need to download the rooting package from here which you need to extract first and then you need to save the same on your desktop.
- Now, once done, you need to type in the following commands which are mentioned below in ADB so as to push these files on your phone. Make sure your phone is now connected to your computer via USB cable before you push the files through ADB:
adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox
adb push exploit.bin /data/local/tmp/exploit.bin
- Enter the ADB internal shell by typing:
- Once you are in the internal ADB shell, type in the following commands:
chmod 0755 exploit.bin
- Once you have executed the exploit.bin command, you will be back in normal console mode. Now you will have to again reconnect your device which will show you a “#” sign on the console screen itself, instead of the $. Now again enter into the Adb shell by typing:
- Now again you need to type in the following commands in ADB which will mount the /system partition and then it will copy the necessary files automatically.
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/su
cp /sdcard/busybox /system/bin/busybox
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- Now, once you are done with the configuration part, your phone will be rebooting once and there you go, your device has been successfully rooted. You should be able to see the SuperUser icon which is a skull shaped icon on the screen and also now your phone comes with the phone’s capability to install apps that require you to have root.
If you are not comfortable with the first procedure then you can follow this procedure as this doesn’t require any terminal access or even the terminal codes you need to enter in to your device. So, let’s proceed and get started to the procedure for rooting the device.
- First of all before proceeding make sure that your device is not a locked on, if not locked then download z4root.zip file and extract the APK file and save it on your computer.
- Now you need to connect your Motorola Defy device to the computer, mount SD and then copy the APK file to root of your SD Card.
- Now, before connecting your device to the computer, you need to first open the Android Market Place on your phone and then download the Linda file manager.
- Now install the APK file of the z4root.1.3.0 which you copied to SD card root earlier using the file manager which has been downloaded from the market place.
- Now, once the application is installed on your phone, you just need to launch the application and just need to tap on the root button and need to wait till the process gets completed. This is it, you have successfully rooted your Motorola Defy with just a single click.
So, in this way you can successfully root your Motorola Defy by following the any one of the above mentioned procedures. If any where the password is asked while opening the zip file then you need to enter the password as androidadvices.com. Do feel free to leave a comment or if you have any problems in rooting your device as we are always happy to help.