If you have got a phone which is Motorola Droid X2 then you have got a reason to cheer as now you can root your phone very easily just with the help of some easy steps. The procedure which we will be looking will not contain any sorts of hard or lengthy steps. The best part of this rooting tutorial which we will be looking is that it’s very simple to apply and is almost a type of one click rooting procedure which we have looked before for other devices like Super One click etc. Please note that rooting the device basically voids the warranty, though the warranty can be claimed after un rooting the device.
The tool which we will be using is called as the Gingerbreak which basically changes the system file entries of your Android device and breaks in to get the root access. This basically works on Froyo, Gingerbread and also works on the Honeycomb platform. Basically this APK file of the Gingerbreak settles the right files in the right place so as to gain the root access which runs the exploit to gain the root access. If the root access is granted then this remounts /system as read-write and runs the installer script and then the installer script of the Gingerbreak and grants the super user access, flushes in the su binary and also pumps in the Superuser APK and then it will reboot the phone. Please note that Ginger Break exploit should not be used to attain temporary root and continue using the device. Please note that irrespective of locked or even the Froyo or the Gingerbread version on your Motorola Droid X2 you can proceed to root the device. Also, its very important to follow the below mentioned instructions carefully so as to facilitate smoother rooting process.
Pre Rooting Instructions:
- Ensure that you have created a backup of all the applications, messages, contacts, images and also multimedia files along with the call log too as in an unlikely event you may lose all the data after rooting the device. As soon as you root the device, you will can restore all the contents which you have backed up.
- Rooting basically voids the warranty, so ensure that you are ready for it and also most importantly proceed to root your device you should know what rooting is and what are its benefits, if you will make use of those then its recommended to go ahead and it’s not recommended for the newbie.
- Ensure that your battery is charged with an at least more than 50% as the higher the battery life the lesser will be the problems as this process will require some of the battery as it will drain battery a bit.
- We should not be held responsible in any manner for any issues or the problems, as if you don’t follow the procedure which is mentioned below its highly
Procedure to Root Motorola Droid X2:
- First up you will have to make sure that the USB Debugging is enabled in your phone and also you will have to note that all the data in your SD Card is backed up as all the data in the SD Card may get wiped.
- Now, you will have to download the Gingerbreak Package in your computer and then you will have to unzip the same to get Gingerbreak v1.2 APK file which you will have to transfer the same to your Motorola Droid X2 phone by connecting your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable. Please note that in the process of extraction if you are prompted to enter in the password then you will have to enter the password as androidadvices.com.
- After copying the application in your phone, you will have to open the same and need to install the same in your phone. So, as soon as you install the Gingerbreak application, open the same and choose the option of “Root Device” option.
- After selecting the option, you will have to wait for some time till the rooting process is completed. Please note that the device may take up to 10 minutes as it also wipes the cache in your phone.
- As soon as the rooting process is completed, you will have to also install the applications like Busy Box so as to further customize your phone experience.
- Make sure that the super user app is installed in your Motorola Droid X2 and is working perfectly alright. Just in case whenever you wish to un root the device, just simply uninstall the Gingerbreak application from your phone to revoke the rooting access which was earlier granted. So, in this way you can easily root your Motorola Droid X2 and also alternatively you can un root the device too.
Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings. Do let us know if you face any issues while rooting the device as we will see to it that the issues are solved. Just in case if the rooting process is interrupted in the middle then you just need to re follow the whole procedure from the start to root your Motorola Droid X2 phone.