For all those who want to root the Motorola Xoom Android tablet easily, we will discuss on how you can easily root your Motorola Xoom. But before we proceed to root the same, many of the users might be locked on to their networks that is with Verizon, so let’s check out on how you can easily unlock your device first and then can root the same, all you need to follow is just two simple procedures below, one for unlocking the Motorola Xoom boot loader and another one for un rooting the device.
Procedure to Unlock the Motorola Xoom:
- First of all you will have to have the fast boot tool which is a part of the ADB setup on your computer and also additionally you need to make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers on your computer and need to make sure that you download the drivers as per your computer’s operating system type as there are separate drivers which needs to be installed for 32 bit Windows and 64 bit Windows.
- Now, after having the above pre requisites, you will have to power off your Motorola Xoom Android tablet,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button while pressing the Power button till the Xoom boots into fast boot mode, after this you will have to connect the Xoom to your computer or laptop with the help of the USB cable.
- Now, on your computer you need to start the command prompt and need to just type in the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
- Now, you will get a pop up containing the Warning on your Xoom’s screen after which you need to press the Volume Up button to select the same and that’s it you have now successfully unlocked your Motorola Xoom. So, now when the Xoom has now been rooted, let’s head to Rooting part.
Procedure to the Motorola Xoom:
- After setting up the ADB setup on your computer including the fastboot operation and by this time you must have also should have unlocked the device using the Boot unlocker after which you need to download the XoomRoot.zip file from here and then you need to extract the same.
- After this, you will have to connect your Motorola Xoom to the Verizon but shouldn’t log into your Google account but skip the process and just head to the home screen.
- Now, you need to put the “USB debugging mode” switched On which can be done by going in to Applications > Settings > Applications > Development > and then check the option of “USB Debugging” as shown in the below screenshot.
- Now, you just need to connect the Xoom to your computer with the help of the USB cable.
- After connecting it to the computer, you will have to start the command prompt and then you need to re-enter the following code.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, you need to flash the boot image by entering the following command as mentioned below as it is,
fastboot flash boot rootboot.img
- Now, next up you will have to reboot the Motorola Xoom by entering the following mentioned command,
- You will now see that after the Motorola Xoom reboots and shows up the lock screen then you need to enter in the following commands as it is,
adb push su /system/bin/
ln –s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
Now that’s it congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your phone and also unlocked your Motorola Xoom. To confirm the same, you can type in the “adb shell” and need to click on the enter and you will find # symbol instead on $ which means that your Motorola Xoom is rooted.