How to Root Samsung Droid Charge – Tutorial
For all those who have purchased the latest Samsung Droid Charge then you would now like to know on how you can easily root the device. For all those who want to know on what are the benefits of rooting and the disadvantages of rooting then there are many pros and cons. To mention few pros of rooting the device are that you can easily read or even write access to the /system path in your phone, no manual data wipe is required if rooted the device while at the same time you have also got the cons like it voids the warranty and in the extreme situations you can even brick your phone which is very unlikely if you brick the device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any sorts of bricking the phone but if you don’t follow the below mentioned instructions carefully then there’s a high probability that you may end up bricking the device. Also, as we have mentioned above, rooting the phone will void the warranty, though it can be re-claimed once you un root the device.
So, let’s proceed and see on how you can root your Samsung Droid Charge, just follow the below mentioned instructions carefully,
Pre Root Instructions:
- First and foremost note that the warranty will get void once you root Samsung Droid Charge, though warranty can be claimed once you un root your device.
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your Samsung Droid Charge , so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed.
- Ensure that you have the installed the latest framework in your computer or also you can install the latest version of KIES which is dubbed as KIES 2 so as to ensure that all the required drivers are installed successfully.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted.
- Don’t proceed to the rooting process if you are not sure of and also if you are not used to with what you will do after rooting your device, that’s because you might unknowingly void the warranty and for un rooting the device you will have to again follow the procedure.
- Last but not the least follow the below mentioned instructions carefully so as to save your phone from being turned into an expensive paper weight.
Procedure to Root Samsung Droid Charge:
- First up you will to download the zip file which contains the files which will be helpful in rooting the device and will be required in the due course of the article. As soon as you unzip the download file you will get the three files which are Gingerbreak, su and Superuser.apk. Please note that in the process of extraction, if you are prompted to enter in the password then you will have to enter the password as androidadvices.com.
- Now, next up you will have to enable the USB debugging mode which can be done by going to Settings > Applications > Development and then you will have to select the option called USB Debugging by checking on the check box.
- Now, you will have to push the files to your phone by entering in the below commands in the adb.
adb push GingerBreak /data/local/
adb push su /data/local/
- Now, after entering in the above command list, you will gain the root access within short time and then if you find that if it fails to get the root access then simply re do the process and then type in the below command,
- Now, you will see that the shell will display “$” sign
- After this, run the below command,
- At this point, the shell should display “#” and then when your prompt changes from $ to #, you will gain the temporary root. Now let’s proceed and see on how you can permanently root the device:
- Now, at this point, the shell should display “#” and then you will have to type in the below mentioned commands,
mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/stl10 /system
cat /data/local/su > /system/xbin/su
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
That’s it you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Droid Charge, now all you need to get the super user access is to just install the super user application from the Android Market Place. Please note that if any point of time if the device is unable to get the root access despite following the above steps then all you need to do is to just clear the adb cache which can be done by entering the following command in the adb,
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/*
After entering the above command all the temp cache files which are unwanted will get deleted and the device will get the superuser access. Do, let us know if you have got any issues as we will try to solve them and if in between the device is not rooted then you will have to re follow the whole procedure again from the start.