How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXKPA ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware
After applying the latest Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone, it’s now time for you to ROOT the same so that you can make the most out of your device. So before you proceed, you need to ensure that your phone is on the XXKPA ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware or not. You can find out the current firmware from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version”. If there is any other version being shown then you need to apply the firmware so as to root the same. Just in case if there is any data present in your phone then you need to back up the same as after rooting since the cache will be cleared in which all the data present in the phone memory will get erased.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article.
So, let’s get started with the procedure wherein you can easily root the device with a simple to follow tutorial as mentioned below.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on ICS Android 4.0.3 XXKPA Firmware:
- Download XXKPA 4.0.3 Rooting Package from here to your computer and then extract the same. In the process of extraction, it will prompt you to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- As soon as you extract the same, you will get to see that there are two files, ODIN as well as well as the rooting file.
- After this, you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and then turn off the phone so as to enter into the Download mode.
- The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now, open the Odin in your computer and connect the Galaxy S2 in the downloaded mode to the computer with the help of USB cable.
- As soon as you connect, you will see that the ID : COM section in the Odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers are loaded successfully.
Note: If ID : COM doesn’t turn yellow then install Samsung USB Drivers, .net framework and also you need to update the KIES with the latest version so that the missing drivers are installed.
- Up next you need to click on “PDA” tab to select the file which is named as “” and then click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. Please note that as soon as you click on Start, the rooting will be done within seconds after which the device will be restarted.
- Now, once the device boots up, you need to disconnect the connected cable and turn off the phone so as to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Tip: If the device takes very long time on the “S” logo then pull off the battery, reinsert and repeat the whole process again.Its normal if a Green Robot is being shown at the start up as it may show for some users.
So in this way you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 phone on the latest firmware of XXKPA Android 4.0.3 firmware version. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best so as to sort out the same.