How to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini – Tutorial
If you have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini phone then you have a reason to cheer as we will now tell you on how you can easily root your phone. Though there are many advantages of rooting, the only disadvantage being till now is that the warranty is voided as soon as you root the device, though the warranty can be claimed back once you un root the device. After rooting the device you can get the administrator access after which right from changing the file system to removing the factory loaded apps can be enjoyed to name the few benefits.
There are two ways with which you can root your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini, one is by using the Z4 Root and other one is by using the Super One click root. Both of these ways are very effective in rooting the device but some of the users have faced and reported some issues about rooting with the help of Z4 Root about device not being rooted successfully while for all those who wanted to simply root their phones temporarily or even permanently Z4 Root is a good option.
Make sure that you backup all your applications, messages and also all your songs, images, videos and contacts as in the process of rooting you may lose all of this information, though it’s an unlikely event that you lose everything. So, it’s highly recommended to either sync all your data or create the backup of all your data so that you can restore the same after rooting or after the firmware update. So, let’s proceed and see on how to root your phone by two simple ways that is by using the Z4 Root as well as by using the Super One click Root.
It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting. Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted.
Procedure to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini using Z4 Root:
- First of all you will have to download the application called z4root from here on your computer and then you will have to unzip the same to get the .apk file which can be then copied on your android phone easily. While unzipping the file if the password is prompted then you need to enter the password as “androidadvices.com”. Please note that only after extraction you will get the apk file which you will have to copy the same in your Sony Xperia X10 Mini.
- Now, as soon as you copy the Z4Root’s apk file in your phone, you need to go to the application list and just need to tap on the same to install it on your Sony Xperia X10 Mini.
- Now, as soon as the installation of Z4 Root is completed, you will have to tap on the application to open the same after which you will see two options that is temporary root and another one will be the Permanent Root. From this, you will have to tap on the “Permanent Root” after which the device will be rooted in seconds. Do, note that while the process is running don’t interrupt its processes or else you will have to repeat the rooting process, and also its not recommended to choose the temporary root as if you do the temporary root then the device will get un rooted just by a simple restart.
- After selecting the appropriate option among the two, the rooting process will be finished and then you will see that the device will be restarting. If you are choosing the temporary root then the device will only stay rooted till the device is restarted as soon as you restart your phone the device will be un rooted. So, it’s always recommended to select the Permanent Root. So, after the phone is restarted you will see that you will see that a new icon of “Superuser” will be created in the screen which will be in the shape of skull. This means your device has been successfully rooted and you are ready to customize the device the way you want it. Do, let us know if you face any problems while rooting your device.
Procedure to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Super One click Root:
- If you haven’t succeeded in rooting your phone with the help of Z4 Root then by using the Super One click Root, you can easily root your Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 mini. This method too is just like the one click but this is a PC software and not the phone’s software like There was one another one click root solution which was popularly known as Z4 Root but due to some issues Google’s Android Market place has removed this app from the Android Market place. Not to forget with its unique simple interface, you will never have to go through serious rooting capabilities like HRoot and etc. etc. which sometimes is very difficult to perform at times as a normal user.
- Please note that before proceeding you will have to first install the Java SDK, not just Runtime but the full SDK which you can download from here which supports framework required to run the Android SDK. The main reason to install this SDK is that to root the device the computer will be requiring the drivers so that you can easily root the phone using the Super One click.
- To use this software app, first you will have to download the PC version of this software and then you will have to install the same. After installing, you need to first set your device in the USB debugging mode and in this process make sure that you don’t mount the SD Card or else whole data will get lost or even some major issue can arise.
- After this open the installed Super One click software and then you will have to connect the USB cable to your phone and computer, if you are unable to get it run then you can try in the recovery mode. Make sure that all the drivers all installed through your PC suites of your respective Android phones. That’s it, after connecting, all you need to do is to just select the option which you wish to perform and that’s it you have now successfully finished rooting, shell rooting, un rooting as well as allowing Non Market apps (requires rooting) very easily all in just one click.
So, that’s it you have now successfully rooted your phone and also by rooting your phone you can install non market apps and also can install all the rooting apps for android easily.