For all those who are having an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF 101 tablet then there’s a great news for all you guys as we will now see on how you can update your tablet with the latest version of Honeycomb 3.1 version of Android. Many of the users of Transformer have requested for the update to the ASUS and so does some of the forums came out with the leak. With this update, you will now be able to make the most out of the fantastic hardware which sums up with brilliant NVIDIA Tegra 2 of 1GHz with dual core CPU which is just fabulous for the multi-tasking with a HD Full 1080 Video playback. Please note that before this update, your Asus Eee Pad transformer was on the Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS which will now be upgraded with the latest version of 3.1 update. With full qwerty keyboard, touch pad input which is loaded with the Polaris Office for best mobile productive is really enhanced with this update of 3.1. Also, additionally please note that this update is not an official update and is the leaked beta version, thought there is no official confirmation of the arrival of 3.1 update for Transformer Eee Pad.
There are quite a few changes which have been implemented in the Honeycomb 3.1 version, right from the performance tweaks to the minor fixes of the apps which used to force close to the improvements in the keyboard dock to the minor stability fixes in the user interface adds to the list of improvements of this version of Honeycomb 3.1. So, lets check out on what are the things which are the improvements in the latest version of beta release 3.1 Honeycomb update.
- Along with the above, also the re sizable widgets with the native interface have been added and also the USB host support now comes embedded in the latest update of Honeycomb 3.1 update.
- Now, with this update you can directly enjoy the inclusion of HTML 5 playback without needing to install any third party applications which means that all you need to play a video is just a <video> tag in Android’s native browser. The user interface transitions now feel much more fluidic and also most importantly the Launcher animation is optimized for faster, smoother transition to and from the Apps list. Adjustments in color, positioning, and text make UI elements easier to see, understand, and use this 3.1 version of Honeycomb. Accessibility is improved with consistent audible feedback throughout the UI and a new setting to let users customize the touch-hold interval to meet their needs.
- Navigation to and from the five home screens is now easier and also touching the Home button in the system bar now takes you to the home screen most recently used. Additionally the Settings offer an improved view of internal storage, showing the storage used by a larger set of file types.
- Connectivity for the USB devices have been now enhanced, as the users can attach many types of input devices (keyboards, mice, game controllers) and digital cameras will now be easier and will not require any sorts of add ons as well as any extra installation of drivers as all are now capable of plug and play status.
- Users will now be able to expand the recent apps list, resize the home screen widgets, can enjoy the benefit of robust Wi Fi networking, all the applications have been updated like the browser app now includes a variety of new features and UI improvements that make viewing web content simpler, faster, and more convenient, quick Controls UI, accessible from Browser Settings, is extended and redesigned.
- The Gallery of the Asus Eee Pad has now been redesigned to a very better manner as the Gallery app now supports Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP), so that users can connect their cameras over USB and imports their pictures to Gallery with a single touch. The app also copies the pictures to local storage and provides an indicator to let users see how much space is available along with many other numerous developer add-ons. The battery of the Asus Eee Pad transformer has now been optimized successfully so as to deliver higher battery life compared to the earlier in the Honeycomb 3.0 version of Android with which the battery now is increased by 7-9% in all.
Before proceeding to the update please note that this update is not the official update and is the beta release, so only proceed for the update if you know what you are doing. Note: Since the firmware update has been updated, all the APN Settings will be cleared. So, to access all the data services / MMS / Internet, you will have to get the Internet settings from your Service provider.
Pre Upgrade instructions
- Ensure that you have created a backup of all the applications, messages, contacts, images and also multimedia files along with the call log too as in an unlikely event you may lose all the data after rooting the device. After updating is finished in your device then you can easily restore them back into the device.
- Ensure that your battery is charged with an at least more than 50% as the higher the battery life the lesser will be the problems as this process will require some of the battery as it will drain battery a bit as this is a very important thing which most of the users miss out.
- Since the device’s firmware will be updated to the another version, all the APN settings will be cleared, so to access the Internet and to get the MMS you will have to again reconfigure the APN Settings to access the Internet on your transformer tablet. It has been found that many users doesn’t perform this step or doesn’t note down the APN settings.
- If you have got the root access before, you will have to root the device again as after doing the firmware update the rooting access will be revoked and you will have to again initiate the rooting process.
We should not be held responsible for any damage caused by applying this update, though if you follow every single instruction carefully which is mentioned below there then there is no way that you will brick your Transformer tablet. So, its highly recommended that you proceed by reading the instructions carefully.
Procedure to update Asus Eee Pad Transformer:
- First up you will have to download the Zip file of Transformer 3.1 Update in which you will find the update file which you will have to download in your computer.
- Now, up next with the help of the USB cable just connect the Asus Eee Pad transformer tablet with the computer in which you have extracted the file so as to copy the extracted file in the tablet.
- Now, after extracting the file, just simply copy this extracted file in the Transformer tablet in the SD card and please note that don’t place the file in the inside of any folders, if placed so the file won’t be detected as an update file.
- Now, after this simply turn off the device and after that press the volume down key and then the power key till the device boots up in the ROM Mode after which you will have to press the Volume up key after which the updation process will be initiated after selecting the file which you have placed in the tablet.
- After the process is started, the device will take 5 – 10 minutes of time while it applies the update. As soon as the device is updated the tablet will be rebooting automatically and then a user notification will be popping up on your dock station stating the update availability notification to the version of 0209. Just follow the on screen instructions to proceed for the update and then there you go, you are ready with the update on your device
If just in any case you are unable to complete the whole process and due to some reasons if you failed to upgrade the device then don’t panic and instead just re follow the whole procedure from the start to facilitate the smoother firmware updation process. So, in this way by following the above instructions carefully you have successfully updated the Transformer tablet. Do let us know in the comments section below if you face any kind of issues as we will try our level best.
*If at all at any point of time if you are prompted to enter the password then enter the password as androidadvices.com