It was the last time when we saw on how you can upgrade your GALAXY Nexus I9250 with the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware and now in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install an all-new release dubbed as Jellybean 4.1.1 in your Nexus GSM Version I9250 model. This latest Jellybean 4.1.1 release hasn’t yet released for all the devices and it will be rolled out gradually across the Globe. There is no ETA on by when there will be an Official release pushed for all these devices.
Note: Please note that this update should only be applied to the International GSM Version which has model number of I9250 and not for the devices which are locked on to the Verizon powered Nexus device. We will very soon be coming up with a detailed guide on how to update Verizon Nexus with Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.
Disclaimer: We should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of upgrading your Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Firmware. It is very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same
We recommend you to create a backup of all the data in your Galaxy Nexus I9250 along with the “Notes” if any with the help of below mentioned instructions. Once you have backed up all the data, place all the backup files in your computer.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Minimum battery in your Galaxy Nexus should be a minimum of 60% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware release.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions for backing up the data, you can then head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Google Nexus I9250 with Jelly bean 4.1.1 Update:
- Unlock the Boot loader of Galaxy Nexus from the mentioned instructions and then install the TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Nexus by following the corresponding instructions. Once the boot loader is unlocked and the TWRP installation is done, download Jellybean 4.1.1 Release for Galaxy Nexus from here to your computer.
- Connect your Nexus to the computer using the Original USB cable and place this downloaded Jellybean 4.1.1 Zip package in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the subfolders.
- Once the file is copied, disconnect the device and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the clock work mod recovery mode. Galaxy Nexus can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the “Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware package which you have placed in your device
- Once the device is applied with this firmware update, the device will land back to the recovery mode screen. Select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device. once the device is rebooted, you need to go to the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will be shown the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
Note: If your Galaxy Nexus gets stuck on the Google Logo then all you need to do is to press the power button for 5 seconds to turn Off the device and then restart the process from the start by following all the instructions above from the start.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package in your computer. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try out level best to sort out the same.