If you have got an HTC Aria Phone then you have now a reason to cheer as we will be telling you on how you can update with the same, just some days back htc has come up with the Froyo update along with the small FOTA (Firmware Update over the air) but most off the users are still waiting for the update to arrive but we will now see on how you can easily update the firmware on your htc Aria. Please do note that since the device will be hard reset all the data which is there in the phone will be deleted but all the All Music, Pictures, and Video are stored on the Micro SD card and will not be deleted during the update process and also note that all the applications which are downloaded from the market can be restored at any point of time as its linked to the Google Account. Do ensure to take the back up of all the data which is available on your phone as all the phone’s data will be lost in the due course of the update.Also, this update is only for the htc aria at&t phone users and not for any other users as other operators are yet to send the update to its users.
Please note that this version of FROYO is the official version and not the beta version and also this updation doesn’t mean that your device has to be rooted for applying this update or will be rooted once this update is applied to your htc Aria.
But before we proceed let’s tell you what are all the features which have been modified or have been added in the all new update.
- App Sharing- With this app sharing you can now share any third party application via Bluetooth and other mediums,
- Google Latitude – Finally for all those who are eagerly waiting for the Google Latitude, here it is, you can now see your friend’s location and can share your’s to them.
- Google Navigation – With Google Maps navigation, you can now benefit from Turn by Turn navigation
- Wi fi hot spot & USB Tethering – With the help of these both features, you can now turn your phone into the Wi Fi hot spot and also with USB tethering you can make use of your mobile internet and can surf the internet on your computer with this. With WiFi hot spot, you can easily power internet up to 8 mobile devices.
- Other changes includes the inclusion of PDF Reader, Navigator is now called as the Car Panel, Photos, Sound and display have been split up now and made into individual categories.
Procedure to update HTC Aria with Android’s 2.2 Froyo:
- First up you will have to download the Froyo for htc Aria 2.2 ROM update file to your computer and after this you will have to ensure that you have installed the HTC Sync on your htc aria.
- Now, you will have to connect your htc Aria to the computer or the laptop via the USB cable on which you have downloaded the ROM update
- Now, when the htc sync notification pops up you need to select the same, after this you will have to double click on the downloaded ROM update and then you will have to launch the RUU wizard.
- After this all you need to do is to just follow the on screen instructions which are flashed on your computer.
Now that’s it, all you need to do is to just simply enjoy the Froyo 2.2 version on your phone as the firmware is now successfully updated on your HTC Aria.