Yes, it’s now official! For all the owners of HTC My Touch 3G on the T Mobile who are literally sick of duplicate and beta ROMs of Froyo, now htc and T Mobile has come up with the official upgrade of the official Froyo 2.2.1 version which comes with not one, not two but many excitingly new features which are sure to force you for the update. Ranging from Wi fi hot spot to Wi fi calling to USB tethering capability, low storage mechanism and also several issues pertaining to text, picture messages, bluetooth and other performance issues are being solved in this Froyo 2.2.1 update. So, let’s check out how one can update HTC my touch 3G phone with the latest 2.2.1 update. Since this is the official version, customers who upgrades this version has no fear of losing any sort of warranty and also this version upgrade is free of cost.
First up you will have to ensure that your device has at least a 25 MB of user data available memory and also ensure that your phone has at least 30% of battery charge before proceeding to update your device.
Next up you will have to ensure that all the task killer applications along with the other running apps should be closed so that these doesn’t interrupt in the upgrade process and preferably if these task killers are uninstalled then it will be very good and is recommended too.
Ensure that your device’s current version of the software is 1.27.531.1 which can be checked from Settings > About phone > Software information and locating the Software number and also ensure that you have a Windows based PC with admin credentials and also ensure that you have an Internet connection.
Please note that since in the due process of the update, the data will be completely wiped off and is advised to create the backup of the same as all information right from contacts to smses to apps to all other information like pictures, videos and songs will be lost, you can back up by downloading and installing the HTC Sync.
Procedure to upgrade HTC My Touch 3G firmware to 2.2.1:
- Before proceeding you will have to ensure that you have downloaded the my touch 3G firmware software update file from here and need to put this file in your computer after which you will have to double click on the HTC_Sync_3.0.5511.exe file which you have downloaded from the above link so that you can begin the installation process.
- Now, as soon as you finish the installation process for the HTC Sync, you need to ensure that your HTC my touch 3G is powered on and is on the home screen after which just simply connect the same to the computer using the original USB cable carefully.
- Now, as soon as you connect the my touch 3G to the computer, you will see that the sync wizard automatically pops up on your computer screen, just simply ignore it and close the same by clicking on the cancel button.
- Now, all you need to do is to just locate the system update file on your Desktop named T-Mobile_myTouch_3G_Slide_Software_Update_2.15.531.3.exe and after which you will have to double click on the icon to start the updation process. After this you will see the wizard as shown below,
- Now, you will have to ensure that you read carefully every single step which will be popped up as the on screen instructions and proceed ahead by clicking on the Next tab as shown below,
- Please note that here some of the users may get an Error 170, if so then all you need o do is to just restart the phone and re follow the procedure from the start. For users who can’t find any error proceed by confirming the software version of 1.27.531.1 or 1.35.531.1 and then click on the update as shown below,
- Next up you will have to confirm the updation process as shown in the below screen shot,
- Now, all you need to do is to just simply confirm the update then tap Next as shown in the screen shot below,
- The device is now updating will be the message shown on screen as shown below. Please be patient as this process can take up to 10 minutes and don’t pull out the USB cable or else this will create mess of your phone.
There you go, the device is now updated to the latest firmware 2.2.1 version of Froyo! All you need to do is to just now tap on the Finish and after which the phone will be rooted and then you can pull out the phone and can enjoy the firmware. Do, let us know if you face any issues with the updation process, we will help you out in the same.