Last time we saw on how you can easily update your HTC Wildfire with the Cyanogen Mod 7 version after which many of the users complained of many number of bugs and so does Cyanogen came to know about the same after which it launched the next higher version and dubbed it as Cyanogen 7.0.2 which is now available for HTC Wild Fire. There were many bugs in the previous version but now it has been solved successfully as also there are many changes which have been implemented in this new firmware version of Cyanogen 7.0.2.
Common: Fixed issue with missing built-in themes
Common: Updated bundled ROM Manager to latest version
Supersonic: GPS issue completely solved
Supersonic: Proximity and light sensor is fixed
Apart from the above parameters other performance and battery issues too are fixed successfully. So, it’s worth a try so that you can give a new fresh feeling to your HTC Wildfire device. Please note that you should not proceed before rooting the HTC Wildfire as this may not update your phone with the Cyanogen Mod ROM. Kindly follow the instructions carefully before updating the phone as even if you do a single mistake then the firmware update will not happen and also may brick your HTC Wildfire.
Pre Upgrade Instructions:
- Ensure that you have created a backup of all the applications, messages, contacts, images and also multimedia files along with the call log too as in an unlikely event you may lose all the data after rooting the device. After updating is finished in your device then you can easily restore them back into the device.
- Rooting basically voids the warranty, so ensure that you are ready for it and also most importantly proceed to root your device you should know what rooting is and what are its benefits, if you will make use of those then its recommended to go ahead and it’s not recommended for the newbie.
- Ensure that your battery is charged with an at least more than 50% as the higher the battery life the lesser will be the problems as this process will require some of the battery as it will drain battery a bit as this is a very important thing which most of the users miss out.
- Since the device’s firmware will be updated to the another version, all the APN settings will be cleared, so to access the Internet and to get the MMS you will have to again reconfigure the ANPN Settings to access the Internet on your HTC Wildfire.
So, before we proceed for the actual procedure on how you can update you will have to ensure that you have rooted your HTC Wildfire.
Root HTC Wildfire using UnRevoked Method:
- To root, first of all you will have to download the Unrevoked package in which all the rooting packages are there which supports, Windows, Linux and Mac after which you will have to install the HBoot drivers on your computer. Please note that while extracting the files if it prompts for the password then you will have to enter the password as “androidadvices.com“.
- After this you will have to connect the HTC Wildfire device to the computer with the help of USB cable which you have got at the time of purchase and then need to run the unrevoked software, the installation process will take some time and as soon as the installation process is done, the phone will boot into the Clock Work Mod Recovery.
- So, after the recovery you will have the SU access and also the clock work mod recovery will be installed in the place of stock recovery mode.
Note that if your device is locked then too by using this revoked method you can easily unlock your device. Please note that rooting the device will void the warranty, though unrooting the device will bring back the warranty.
Procedure to flash latest Cyanogen Mod 7.02 on your HTC Wildfire:
There are basically two methods with which you can update with the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7.02 which are with the help of the ROM Manager or by using the Recovery method which are stated below,
Via ROM Manager Method:
- So, now after successfully flashing the Clockwork mod recovery, you now have to launch the ROM Manager app and then you will have to choose the option Flash “Clockwork Mod recovery” for updating the latest version.
- Now, select the download ROM option from the main menu which is there in the ROM Manager after which you will have to choose the “Cyanogen Mod” option from the list after which simply choose the latest version of Cyanogen mod from the menu itself. Please note that if you want the default Google apps too along with the cyanogen mod then you will have to select the Google Apps option too in the list.
- After downloading the required files, you will have to “Backup existing ROM” and also need to select the “Wipe Data and Clear Cache” option if prompted by the super user. After you select these options, the Wildfire will get restarted and will reboot in the recovery mode wherein you will have to select “Wipe Data and Clear Cache” option from the menu and select Cyanogen Mod 7 file to install after which again the wildfire will be rebooted with Cyanogen mod successfully installed in it.
Via Recovery Method:
- If you are unable to install from the above method then you can install the latest Cyanogen mod 7 with the help of recovery method, please note that if from above method the cyanogen mod 7 is installed perfectly then you don’t need to follow the below procedure.
- Download the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7.0.2 along with the Google Apps for your device from your computer.
- Now, place this Cyanogen mod update.zip file at the root of the SD card along with the GoogleApps.zip in the root of your SD Card.
- After this you will have to boot the device in the clockwork mod recovery and once the device boots in the Clockwork mod Recovery, with the help of side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select from the list of options.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and choose “install zip from SD card” and then choose “choose zip from SD card”. Now, you will have to choose the “Cyanogenmodupdate.zip”. After installing this, you will have to install the Google Apps by performing steps again by choosing the GoogleAppsupdate.zip after this you need to select “Ok” option after which you need to go back to the main menu and select “Reboot system now” after which the device will be rebooted and you will see that the Cyanogen mod is successfully installed on your device.
Please note that if there are any issues after the upgrade do let us know as we will help you in solving the same. Also, after finishing the updation, you will have to configure the APN settings and also restore the things which you have created a backup so that your phone will be like as its before.