How To Update Motorola Atrix 4G to 4.1.57
Looks like silently Motorola has pumped in the update for its att powered Atrix 4G device, we are not sure if all the users know about this update but not to worry we have bought in this article with which you can manually update your phone with this all new firmware update. Please note that this update is not the beta or the leaked release and is the official update from Motorola. So, let’s proceed and see what’s there in this all new update and also the procedure on how you can apply this latest update to your Motorola Atrix 4G. Also, updating with this firmware update wont update Gingerbread 2.3.3 in Motorola Atrix 4G but comes along with much needed improvements. This update is dubbed as 4.1.57.
Improvements with new update for Motorola Atrix 4G:
- Bluetooth – It was complained that it doesn’t pair with some of the devices, this has been eliminated in this new update and also other known issues have been fixed related to bluetooth.
- Fingerprint Reader – Some of the phones were unable to detect the fingerprint but not anymore after updating with this firmware as things have been fixed.
- Battery – Improved battery life as the firmware is now optimized to give longer battery life in Motorola Atrix 4G.
- Screen and Phone’s Stability – Both the screen’s display as well as the phone’s stability has been worked on and as a result if you are charging your phone the back light will turn off automatically and also other know bugs have been fixed which were hindering the overall performance of Motorola Atrix 4G like unresponsiveness at few instances and also the force close errors in some applications have now been fixed. Last but not the least the car dock audio has been improved marginally and also the 3.5 mm jack performance has now been optimized further.
Pre Requisites for updating Motorola Atrix 4G:
- Ensure that you have a computer which has a processing speed of equal or greater to 400 MHz along with the minimum RAM of 256 MB with a minimum available hard disk space of 250 MB. Additionally, also ensure that you have a minimum of USB 1.1 in your computer or Laptop.
- Since you will have to connect Atrix 4G with your computer, ensure that you have kept USB cable handy and also note that your device should be at least 50 % charged to facilitate smoother firmware update.
- Please note that this update is only available for att powered Motorola Atrix 4G phones and not for any other phones.
- Since the firmware update process will take place it’s always advised to create a backup of all the data as in an unlikely even you may end up losing all the information which is present in your phone. So, that’s why the data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is filled by this update. The users who have already updated their device has reportedly said about the increase in the overall quadrant ranks along with many other great set of features.
- Ensure that you have an at least 50% of battery power so that update gets successfully completed as the firmware update requires more battery life than the normal usage.
Procedure to update Motorola Atrix 4G:
- First up you will have to download the Motorola Software Update Package from here to your computer and then you will have to connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable..
- After downloading the file, you will have to unzip the same to get an executable file, while unzipping if it prompts for the password then you will have to enter the password as androidadvices.com.
- If your MOTOROLA ATRIX(TM) 4G is not detected by Motorola Software Update when you connect it to the USB cable, then on your device, go to your home screen and select Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > and then disable the USB Debugging setting.
- Now, after connecting the phone just double click on the executable file and you will have to just follow the onscreen instructions and then open the PC suite for your Motorola phone to find and update with the same.
Please note that since in the firmware update process the APN settings gets cleared you will have to now ensure that you have configured all the required APN settings only with which you can easily access the Internet, in the process of firmware upgradation all the APN settings with which you can browse the internet gets cleared or deleted. Along with the Internet settings, you also will have to restore the back up of all the applications, messages, contacts etc so that your phone comes back to normal with all the data which was there before the firmware updation. Do, let is know if you face any issues as we will see to it that they are solved, leave a comment in the comment section.