For all those who were eagerly waiting for the official Froyo for Motorola Defy, the time has come to take out your phones to update with the Froyo 2.2 firmware release which Motorola has pushed to all the devices. So, let’s proceed and see on what are the benefits you will be presented with in the latest update. Also, f or your convenience we will see whether this firmware update is a worth a download or not as these days almost every Android phone comes with the frequent updates. Please note we have mentioned the list of pre-requisites along with the upgrade procedure which you need to follow. If you follow the below mentioned steps then your software update will be smoother and will be hassle free. If you have rooted Motorola Defy then you will have to again root the Motorola Defy also if you face any issues with the battery life then you can also easily increase the Motorola Defy battery life.
Enhancements in Froyo 2.2 version for Motorola Defy:
- First and foremost enhancement is the performance of the phone which is optimized to a greater level which results in better interface, application operation and a better web browsing experience.
- Now, you have a reason to cheer as you can now make use of your Android for multimedia as now it supports Adobe Flash 10.1, though the official release contains the Adobe 10.1 version, you can install the latest Adobe version of 10.2 exclusively from AndroidAdvices.com.
- Apart from the flash player, your phone will now act as the portable WiFi hot spot with which you can share the high speed connectivity with up to 5 different Wi Fi enabled devices and also you will now get an access to a whole new level of applications which supports a minimum of Froyo 2.2 release.
- Also, the major advantage of this firmware is that you can now shift all your applications to the SD Card as unlike in the case of 2.1 Eclair you couldn’t do that. Also, you can now choose to update all your Android applications automatically as you just need to select the “allow automatic updation” option which is listed under the applications page in the Android Market.
- Other improvements includes punctuation mark inclusion in the suggestion ribbon, added customized profiles in the home screens to give quick and speedy access to apps, shortcuts and also the widgets of your choice right on your home screen. Dialer search along with the task manager allows further convenience as with dialer search you can now search all the phone numbers and contacts directly from the phone book and also with the addition of an inbuilt task manager you can easily manage all your applications without needing you to install any third party applications to facilitate managing applications.
- Last but not the least, there is an all new security feature which has been now added which includes the exchange based encryption and also the password security and also the gallery has now been updated and is now presented in an all new layout. Additionally, LinkedIN application now comes pre-loaded in the firmware itself.
Pre Requisites for updating Motorola Defy with Froyo 2.2:
- First up you will have to ensure that you are using the T Mobile connection and also need to ensure that you have Motorola Defy as only when you will get the update of froyo 2.2.
- As the update size is of 120 MB you will have to ensure that you are either on a 3G network or on a Wi Fi. It is preferred to use Wi Fi for upgrading the software update so as to avoid the data charges towards the update.
- Please note that you will have to back up all the data before proceeding to the firmware update as you will be losing all your data after the firmware update process. The data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is filled by this update. The users who have already updated their device has reportedly said about the increase in the overall quadrant ranks along with many other great set of features.
- Ensure that you have an at least 50% of battery power so that update gets successfully completed as the firmware update requires more battery life than the normal usage.
Procedure to update Motorola Defy with Official Froyo 2.2 version:
- If you have received a notification message for the froyo update then you will have to select “Download”.
- Now, as soon as you download the software, you will have to select the option of “Install now” after which the software upgrade of froyo will be installed in the phone after which the device will be restarted automatically and after which you will see that the upgraded version of the software version changes to 34.4.9 version.
If by chance you haven’t received any update notification or if you have closed the update notification by mistake then not to worry as still you can update Motorola Defy with the froyo 2.2 release.
- First of all you will have to select the “Settings” icon in the main menu after which tap on the “About phone” after which scroll down and select the option of “System updates” followed by the “Download” option.
- Now, after this the software downloading process will be started after which you just need to tap on the “Install” option to install the same on your Motorola Defy.
- So, as soon as the software update is installed in the computer, the installation process will be initiated after which the phone will be restarting automatically and you will see that the phone’s software version will be shown as 34.4.9 version.
So, there you go you have now successfully completed the updation process of your Motorola Defy with the froyo 2.2 release of firmware update. If you have any issues then you can let us know about the same and also you can alternatively contact the T Mobile Support in case you don’t get any updation pop up or the updation notification. And also last but not the least ensure that you have configured all the required APN settings only with which you can easily access the Internet, in the process of firmware upgradation all the APN settings with which you can browse the internet gets cleared or deleted. Along with the Internet settings, you also will have to restore the back up of all the applications, messages, contacts etc so that your phone comes back to normal with all the data which was there before the firmware updation.