For all those who wanted to update their Motorola Droid Pro, now have a great news as you can now update your Motorola Droid Pro with the latest release of froyo operating system 2.2. If you are surprised on why still there is no Gingerbread 2.3.3 for Motorola Droid pro then Motorola will soon bring in the update but for this it had been optimizing the 2.2 Froyo version post many requests from the users regarding several features regarding many services which was missing in the initial version of froyo. So, still the phone will stay in Froyo 2.2 version but this time this one comes in with many several features.
So, let’s check out on how you can easily update your Motorola Droid Pro with froyo 2.2 version and also we will look out on what are the benefits which have been bundled with this version. Please note that this update is being rolled out in patches, if you still hasn’t got the update till now then you can try updating by the manual way which we will see in the due course of the article. Do, take a note on the update pre requisites as only after which you will be successfully able to update your phone.
New Features in froyo update for MOTOROLA Droid Pro:
- Added security in Exchange Active Sync in the initial email account configuration
- Delays in the delivery of Exchange Active Sync mail delivery has been now fixed,
- Calendar events are not deleted from the device and will also push the same to the PC calendar as it will sync all the entries,
- Ability to create the Wi Fi hot spot so that you can share the Wi fi with other users with an added level of security,
- Global customers can now re register on non CDMA networks after direct exit from the Airplane mode,
- The on screen clock time is matched with the official right time of your time zone which is taken by the operator itself.
- V Cast application store now comes pre-loaded in this update and also all the HTTP proxies can be now set over the Wi Fi connections so that you can now browse securely.
- You can also enjoy the services of data encryption to both SD Card as well as the internal memory medias and also additionally allows the HTML email option.
- Last but not the least this new firmware update patch also now offers better battery life and better overall speed.
Pre Upgrade Instructions:
The pre upgrade instructions are mentioned below, kindly ensure that you follow each and every instruction carefully which will lead to comfortable upgrade of the device.
Please note that this update is only available for Verizon powered Motorola Droid Pro phones and not for any other phones.
Since the firmware update process will take place it’s always advised to create a back up of all the data as in an unlikely even you may end up losing all the information which is present in your phone. So, that’s why the data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is filled by this update. The users who have already updated their device has reportedly said about the increase in the overall quadrant ranks along with many other great set of features.
Ensure that you have an at least 50% of battery power so that update gets successfully completed as the firmware update requires more battery life than the normal usage.
Procedure to upgrade Droid Pro Update to froyo 2.2:
There are basically two types with which you can update the Droid Pro firmware version to froyo, one is the user initiated version and another is the server initiated version.
User Initiated Method:
- First up tap on the “Menu” and select the “Settings” after which you need to tap on the “About Phone” by scrolling down.
- Next up, after tapping on the “About Phone”, tap on the System Updates which is located at the top itself as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, select the “download” from the notification window to proceed with the updation of the phone as shown below.
- The download of the firmware is initiated and so, once the download is completed you will now have to now tap on the option of “Install now” to apply this firmware update in your phone. The downloading process may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on the data rate.
- Now, within 2-3 minutes you will see that the update is installed, please note that while the update is being installed don’t interrupt as interrupting will halt the software update and will lead to unsuccessful update.
That’s it you have now successfully installed the latest version of froyo 2.2 update for your Motorola Droid Pro.
Server Initiated Method:
- If you encounter with a pop up which looks like the one which is mentioned below then that means that update is available for you. In this situation, just proceed and select the “Download” tab and then simply select the option of “Install now” just by tapping on the same and after this your device will power off automatically and will begin the installation process.
- If by chance you wish to postpone the firmware updation process then all you need to do is to just select the option of “Install Later” after which the update message will automatically. So, that’s it you have now successfully updated the firmware with the latest patch. Do, let us know if you come across any of the issues as we will help you out with the same.
Please note that since in the firmware update process the APN settings gets cleared you will have to now ensure that you have configured all the required APN settings only with which you can easily access the Internet, in the process of firmware upgradation all the APN settings with which you can browse the internet gets cleared or deleted. Along with the Internet settings, you also will have to restore the back up of all the applications, messages, contacts etc so that your phone comes back to normal with all the data which was there before the firmware updation.