If you are an owner of Motorola Milestone 2 then you have got a reason to cheer as Motorola has announced a software update for your phone. So, let’s check out and see on what are the things which are new and improved things which are incorporated in this new update for Milestone 2. This software update is for all those whose devices are currently on the versions 2.2.13, 2.2.16 or 2.3.4. This new software package will update Motorola Milestone 2 phones to software version 2.4.24 and will provide several improvements to device performance. Please note that you need to follow each and every single procedure carefully. Also, you can now install the latest version of Adobe Flash 10.2 version on your Motorola Milestone 2. Its been rumored that now after this update, Motorola will not be releasing any further updates for Milestone 2. While many of the users will be waiting for Gingerbread 2.3.3 version on Motorola Milestone 2
The regions where this software version of 2.4.24 is being rolled out are:
– O2 Germany (update is available OTA and MSU);
– Retail Deutschland, Austria & Switzerland (MSU only);
– Retail France (MSU only);
– Retail UK (MSU only)
Enhancements in 2.4.24 update for Motorola Milestone 2:
- Now, you no longer will have to face any sorts of instability issues as all the issues which causes unresponsiveness of the device has now been taken care of and all the force close errors have been now rectified.
- Google Mobile Services have been now updated with several performance enhancements
- The overall performance of the touch screen, as well as the proximity sensor with ambient light sensor has now been optimized for better performance.
- Also, the Google security patch has been implemented which comes packed with this version of firmware update 2.4.24.
Pre installing instructions for updating Motorola Milestone 2:
- Ensure that you have a computer which has a processing speed of equal or greater to 400 MHz along with the minimum RAM of 256 MB with a minimum available hard disk space of 250 MB. Additionally, also ensure that you have a minimum of USB 1.1 in your computer or Laptop.
- Since you will have to connect Atrix 4G with your computer, ensure that you have kept USB cable handy and also note that your device should be at least 50 % charged to facilitate smoother firmware update.
- Please note that this update is only available for att powered Motorola Atrix 4G phones and not for any other phones.
- Since the firmware update process will take place it’s always advised to create a backup of all the data as in an unlikely even you may end up losing all the information which is present in your phone. So, that’s why the data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is filled by this update. The users who have already updated their device has reportedly said about the increase in the overall quadrant ranks along with many other great set of features.
- Ensure that you have an at least 50% of battery power so that update gets successfully completed as the firmware update requires more battery life than the normal usage.
Procedure to install Motorola Milestone 2 with 2.4.24:
- First of all download the update package of Motorola Software Update Package from here in your computer and then you will have to unzip the same to get an executable file, while unzipping if it prompts for the password then you will have to enter the password as androidadvices.com.
- Now, after this you will have to connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable which you have got along with your phone at the time of purchase.
- After connecting the phone, you will have to open the installed Motorola software program which will be shown in the Programs list.
- After opening the Motorola Updater, you will see that the phone will be connected to the computer and the same will be detected. Please note that if your Motorola Milestone 2 is not detected by Motorola Software Update when you connect it to the USB cable, then on your device, go to your home screen and select Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > and then disable the USB Debugging setting so that the phone is detected.
- Now, after connecting the phone just double click on the executable file and you will have to just follow the onscreen instructions and then open the PC suite for your Motorola phone to find and update with the same.
So, that’s it you have now successfully installed the latest version of 2.3.24 on your Motorola Milestone 2. Please note that since you have updated the firmware you will be required to again configure the APN settings for accessing the Internet on your Motorola Milestone 2. Along with the Internet settings, you also will have to restore the back up of all the applications, messages, contacts etc so that your phone comes back to normal with all the data which was there before the firmware updation. Do, let is know if you face any issues as we will see to it that they are solved, leave a comment in the comments section below.