For all those who have Nook Colour with them, you now has a reason to cheer as we will tell you now on how you can easily update your Nook Color with the latest Cyanogen Mod 7 which has some of the Gingerbread traits and also comes added with some of the functionalities of Gingerbread 2.3 on Nook Color. So, let’s check out on how you can easily install the latest Cyanogen Mod on your Nook color.
Since we will be checking out on how you can easily install the ROM, you need to ensure that you have created a backup of all the applications with the help of Astro File Manager and also other parameters like Contacts, Messages, Call log, Images and other multimedia files as in the ROM upgradation process you will lose all the data. Or alternatively what you can do is to just move all the data in your SD Card as it’s very unlikely that your SD card is formatted in the due course of the upgradation process. But it’s recommended to create a back-up in your computer or other cloud based services. Please note that installing with the Cyanogen Mod 7 won’t mean that you have rooted nook color and also this method won’t void the warranty.
Before proceeding to the upgradation process, you will have to install the ClockworkMod recovery by following the simple procedure below,
Procedure to install the Clock Work Mod Recovery:
- First up you will have to download the image for your SD Card and out of the appropriate size you need to download the file on your computer from here.
- After this you will have to download the Win 32 disk imager which you will have to unzip and open the same. Now, you will have to select the drive from where you will have to browse for the .img file and need to click on the “Write” option after which the warning will be prompted which you will have to Accept to proceed.
Now, you will have to wait till the writing process is completed and after that you will have to eject and then you re insert the sim card.
- If you are in Mac, you will have to first download the files from here depending upon your memory card size after which you will have to get the .img file as mentioned in the above Windows link.
- Now, next up you will have to Open the terminal which can be opened from Applications>Utilities>Terminal after which find in which your disk is being shown up after which you need to type in “diskutil list”.
- Next up you will have to type “diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk#” after which you will see a notification which will show that Unmount of all volumes on disk# was successful.
So, after successful un mounting you will have to erase the micro SD card (assuming that you have created a backup of all your data)
Now, after copying the img file into the micro SD Card you need to type in the command-
dd if=PathToYourImgFile of=/dev/disk# bs=1m
After which the img file copying process will be starting up and after which you will see a prompt where the message will read out saying the copying was successful.
- Before we proceed you will have to download the latest Cyanogen Mod 7 signed File which you will have to place the same in the root of your SD Card and also the Google Apps too you will have to copy in your phone’s SD Card. You can download Complete CM 7 Download Package for Nook Color and need to unzip the contents and place the contents in your phone’s SD Card as it is.
- Now, after moving these two files in the Nook color, you will have to turn off your Nook color completely and then you will have to enter in the SD Card which you have installed the ClockworkMod onto and once the ClockworkMod get boots up Once ClockworkMod Recovery has booted, use the volume buttons to highlight options, the “n” button to select the highlighted option, and power to go back a menu.
- Now, from the list of options you will have to choose the options like Wipe Data / factory reset after this the process will begin and then you will see that after sometime finishing the process you will come back to the same screen of recovery.
- Now, next up you will have to select Wipe Cache Partition just to ensure that all the cache is cleared as by not doing this the cache files will slow down the phone.
- Now, after clearing all the cache files, you will have to select the option ”install zip from sd Card” and then you will have to choose the zip file from the sd card which is nothing but the Cyanogen Mod file as soon as you select the file, you will see that the updation process starts and after the process gets finished, you will have to select another zip file which is the Google Apps file which is the second file which you have copied in your phone along with the Cyanogen Mod file.
- Now, next up you will have to go to mount the storage > unmounts d card > and then remove the sd card after which you will have to reboot the phone and then you will be back to ClockworkMod recovery menu.
- Now, that’s it after going back to the menu you will have to select the Reboot system now option after which your Nook color will be rebooting and you will see that Nook color has been successfully loaded with the latest Cyanogen Mod 7.
- Just in case if you experience any freezing of screen then just simply restart the device by pulling out the battery and re inserting the same.
That’s it there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest Cyanogen Mod 7 ROM on your Nook Color. Do let us know if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will see to it that all issues are solved.