If you are owning Samsung Acclaim, then here’s a great news for you all as finally the most awaited Froyo 2.2 version has now been launched by US Cellular. So, if you are the one who want to update your Acclaim with the Froyo 2.2 then let’s quickly check out on how you can install the same. Before we proceed to the article below on how you can update, you need to make sure that you have created a backup of all application as well as all messages and contacts as this software update will wipe out all information from your phone. Also, after taking the backup, it’s recommended to remove memory card and the SIM card from your phone.
Procedure to update Samsung Acclaim with Froyo 2.2:
- First of all you will have to download the SW Upgrade tool with which you will be able to update your Samsung Acclaim.
- After downloading the SW Upgrade file, you then need to close all programs which are running on your computer, and simply click on the downloaded file as shown below.
- As soon as you click on the Setup icon, the installation wizard will install the Samsung Simple DL on your computer, after which you need to click on Next, Continue as shown below.
- Now, click on Install to start the installation process as shown below.
- Now, the install shield wizard will now install the Samsung Simple DL as shown below
- Now, the install shield successfully installed the Samsung Simple DL. Now, all you will need to do is to just click on Finish and Restart the computer if prompted as shown below.
- Now, as soon as the installation is finished, you will find a SW Upgrade icon on your desktop as shown below.
- After clicking on the SW Upgrade, you will get a screen wherein the License agreement needs to be accepted by clicking on the next.
- After clicking on the Next, a warning will be prompted where in you will have to synchronize the data and ensure that your device is fully charged. Also, device will require a minimum of 20 MB free space on your phone.
- Now, remove the back cover from your phone, take off the battery and then put the battery back in the phone and then put the cover back on the phone and then select the Software Upgrade tool.
- Now, put your phone in the download mode by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume Down, Camera, and End keys on your handset. Hold the keys until the following screen appears. Select Next.
- Now, attach the USB cable from the computer to the handset as shown.
- As soon as the device drivers are installed, unplug the USB cable from the computer and the handset and select Next.
- Attach the USB cable from the computer to the handset again. To ensure that the drivers were detected, a message on the bottom left hand corner shows Ready. On the bottom right hand corner, it will show COM Connected. Select Next and Press Start Software Download button to start the upgrade process as shown below.
- Please ensure that the phone is not disconnected while the software update is in progress.
- Now, as soon as the software update is finished, a pop up message will notify that the software upgrade is completed successfully.
So, as soon as the software upgrade is finished, the phone will restart after which you will have to unplug the USB cable from the computer and then reinstall the Micro SD Memory Card.
Password : androidadvices.com