Want to get the most out of your Samsung Fascinate? Or in other words if you wish to get the most out of your Samsung Fascinate then it doesn’t get better than this as with an all new update you get a whole new set of added features as well as functionalities which will leave you cheered up as this update was the most awaited by the users of Samsung Fascinate. So, in this due course of this update, we will see on how you can easily update your device and also we will see on what are the things which have been added and the things which have been included in this update.
The update which has arrived for the Samsung Fascinate is dubbed as the i500.ED04 and this update has only arrived for all those who are with the Verizon’s network. So let’s check out the improvements which it has come with,
- OTA that is the Over the Air update now has been inducted with this all new update for the Samsung Fascinate.
- Many of the customers faced an issue of call connectivity as with this update you can now experience the improved call connectivity,
- The Wi Fi hot spot search time has now been considerably lowered which will result in lesser battery drain,
- Hyperlinks can now be accessed directly from your email which was earlier having issues in while clicking on the hyperlinks.
- Also, many of the users had an issue of Email time stamp which was not matching according to the earlier time zone but now it will be matched with the time displayed on the Tab’s status bar.
- You can now manage 2000-2003 Word Documents attached in the mail directly without any add on applications,
- With this update, you can now send multiple name cards from your Verizon Fascinate
- Another issue with the current firmware was that large attachments were having issues while downloading but now open large attachment Video files directly from email
- Font same is now same across all functions in email which was not the case earlier.
- In the alarm feature, the second alarm will still sound even if you snooze the first alarm
- Adobe flash player by default updated to 10.1.95.2 but you can update it to Adobe Flash 10.2 from here. Last but not the least the overall battery life too has been successfully updated and now the battery is optimized which leads to better overall battery life.
Pre update instructions:
- Please make a note of the fact that this update will only be available for all those who have Samsung Fascinate Phone which is latched on the Verizon.
- The whole updating process may take an approximate of 15 minutes and may vary from the data speeds of your network and also after the downloading of the firmware, it will take a minimum of around 5 minutes during which you will not be able to make or receive calls including the emergency calls.
- The total size of the update is around 98 MB and this software update version is dubbed as i500.ED04.
- Please note that you will have to back up all the data before proceeding to the firmware update as you will be losing all your data after the firmware update process. The data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
- Also, before proceeding to update ensure that it’s on Verizon network and not an unlocked version as if you have unlocked your Samsung Fascinate and is updating with this update then there is a high probability that you may again end up locking your Fascinate with Verizon.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is revoked as soon as you apply this update in your phone.
Procedure to update Samsung Verizon Fascinate:
- First up you will have to go to the home screen of your Samsung Fascinate after which you will have to tap on the Menu Key, tap on the Settings > About Phone and then tap on the System Updates to select the option called “Check now” as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Now as soon as you tap on the same, it will now make use of the data connection to search for an update after which you will see a notification that the Software update is now available after which you just need to tap on the “Ok” option and then proceed to download the update.
- Now, as soon as you see that software update notification, you will see that you just need to tap on the “Ok” button again so that you can proceed with the downloading of the update.
- At this moment of time, you will now see that the device will be turning Off as soon as the download process is finished. As soon as the reboot happens, you will get a notification that the installation process is successful, all you need to do is just tap on the “Ok” option to confirm the same.
- So, that’s it you have now successfully update your Samsung Fascinate Verizon phone and you can now enjoy the benefit of the new update.
OTA Automatic Method:
- The another way with which you can easily update your phone is after getting the notification right on your phone which will be automatic. Now, once you are notified that the system update is available, you will get the notification as shown in the below screen and as soon as you tap on the same by tapping on the “Ok” button the procedure will be proceeded. Now, after this all you need to do is to just download the update which it will do on its own.
- Now, you will now see that the device will be turning Off as soon as the download process is finished. As soon as the reboot happens, you will get a notification that the installation process is successful, all you need to do is just tap on the “Ok” option to confirm the same.
Please note that if any process is interrupted or the battery goes off then you will have to start the process from the beginning and also its not advised to interrupt while the Fascinate phone is updating. Please note that if you are in Roaming then just switch on the Wi Fi and the update will be automatically intimated to you. Do, let us know if you need any help regarding the updation process. For checking on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS. Do let us know if you face any issues or problems while updating your device as we will try our level best to sort out or fix the same.