How to Update Samsung Fascinate to EB01 Froyo
There’s a great news for the Samsung Fascinate users, the long wait for the arrival of Froyo update is now over as we will guide you on how you can update your Samsung Fascinate. Please note that this is not the official version of the Froyo update but it’s highly stable Froyo update. There is still no confirmation on the arrival of official Froyo release for Samsung Fascinate. So, let’s check out how you can update your fascinate with Froyo very easily.
Please note that it’s highly recommended to take a backup of all your phone’s data including the phone book and sms details before proceeding for updating the device. Also all your applications will be wiped off, you need to take a backup of apps too. All the users who wish to upgrade the phone are requested to first go through the procedure once and then proceed to flash the firmware so that you will be well versed with the procedure. Please follow the instructions carefully and don’t try to jump the instructions as if not followed as per the instructions, your mobile will get bricked. Also, please ensure before proceeding to the update that your mobile phone is Samsung Fascinate model or not, if not then don’t update your device.
Procedure to install Stable Froyo on Samsung Fascinate
- First of all you will have to download this file update.zip from your computer and need to place the same in the SD Card of the device.
- Now next up, you will have to download any one of the below mentioned tar format files as per your choice, as you will have to select this tar file in the PDA option in Odin which we will see in the next step.
Select and download any one:
- After downloading the PDA file, you will have to download the Odin with which you will be able to update the device’s firmware.
- Unplug the connected mobile device from your computer, switch it Off, remove the Sim Card and Memory card. Please note that by this time you have taken a backup of all your phone’s data.
- Now, it’s time to put your phone in the download mode, for this you need to first hold down the volume down key, plug in the USB cable into the phone after which you will see that download mode screen will be visible on the fascinate’s screen as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, open the installed Odin, click on PDA option and select the tar file which you have downloaded from the above list. Please ensure that you have selected the tar file in the PDA only and not in any other option as this may brick your phone.
- After selecting the PDA file, click on Start button, after which the updation process will be started and will take few minutes to update the same. Please ensure that you don’t plug out the USB cable while updation process, if there is any power interruption then you again have to start the procedure of installing the procedure.
Now, after successful installation, just plug out the USB and re insert the Sim card and Memory card in your mobile phone and simply boot your device. After booting, you will see that your Samsung fascinate is running on Froyo 2.2.