Pre Upgrade Instructions:
- Before proceeding to update, you need to ensure that you have synced all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, applications, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card. If you are planning to store in internal SD Card then it’s preferred to store the data in computer as a backup as in an unlikely event the data in SD Card may get corrupted.
- Create a backup of all the Internet APN settings along with the MMS settings so that you can again configure them all after the firmware update as sometimes these settings tend to get erased or wiped off completely after the update.
- Next up remove the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in your phone, just to make sure that in an unlikely event the data in it doesn’t get corrupted,
- Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Last but not the least ensure that your phone is Samsung Galaxy Fit S 5670 and not any other phone as if you proceed installing any other phone then there is a high possibility that you will brick your phone after which your phone will become un usable. Just in case if the upgradation gets interrupted in between then you will have to re follow the whole procedure again from the start so that the updation process of 2.3.4 completes successfully.
- If you have rooted your phone earlier then after the firmware update you will have to again root the device as the phone will be un rooted and the rooting access will be revoked.