How To Update Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 to JPKC4 2.2.2 Firmware
If you have recently purchased the latest SAMSUNG Galaxy Pro handset then we will see on how you can update to the latest firmware of Android 2.2.2 version from the current version of either 2.2.1 or even 2.2 Froyo version. There are many add-ons which have been included in this update of Froyo 2.2.2 version which we will see in the due course of this article. Please note that any one from any part of the World can proceed and update their device of SAMSUNG Galaxy Pro handset but the only condition being that you should ensure that your phone is not a network locked handset which means that your handset should not be network locked which means that in other words it should be SIM FREE. The simplest way to find whether the device is network locked or not then you can just find by a simply trick that is if you see any operator’s name on the phone then it’s a Network locked phone and this update is not for you guys. The reason being this update will or will not work on this phone is because all the network locked phones are only updated with the Operator as it has some dedicated applications. This all new update of SAMSUNG Galaxy Pro is dubbed as Froyo JPKC4 which we will look on how you can update with the same.
So, let’s proceed and see on what are the things which you will have to look out for before updating your phone as well as while updating your phone. So it’s highly recommended to follow the instructions carefully before proceeding to the update as if you don’t follow the instructions which are mentioned below then there is a high probability that you may even brick your phone and your phone may turn into an expensive paperweight after which your device may or may not become repairable or irreparable.
There are several improvements which have been done. Please note that there are no changes if you compare with the version of. Please note that many users keep repeatedly address the issue of NO INTERNET CONNECTION working after the firmware update, for all those i would like to say that since the firmware upgrade process will be undergone all the APN Settings which are responsible for the Internet access will be wiped and you will have to reconfigure them all to get an Internet access and in the same way you will also have to configure all the MMS settings to be able to send the MMS from your phone after the firmware update.Also, updating this firmware in any manner will not void the warranty or spoil the phone as long as you are following every single instruction which is mentioned below. Please note that in any manner that is in part or in whole we can’t be held responsible for anything and this firmware is not recommended for all those whose phones are network locked.
Pre requisites for Firmware update:
- Please note that before proceeding to the updation of the Galaxy Pro, ensure that your phone is having the model number as Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 and not any other similar looking phones as if you install with this firmware then some of the functionalities won’t run and could even lead to serious damage to your phone.
- Ensure that all data which is present in your phone is backed up in your computer which can be done by using the Astro File Manager application. Also, you can manage all contacts by syncing all of them with the Gmail.
- Next up ensure that you have removed the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in the phone,
- After this, ensure that you keep some things like USB cable which you have got with your Galaxy S GT I9000 and also the Galaxy S device,
- Most importantly you need to ensure that your phone has atleast75-80% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
- (Optional) Many of the Galaxy Pro users have reported the problem that they are unable to get into the download mode which is the top most necessity for updating your device, so for all those we came up with a tutorial here, just follow the given instructions and you can easily fix the download mode and also the recovery mode bug. This procedure is only for those whose devices unable to get into the download mode and the recovery mode.
- Please note that flashing with the firmwares doesn’t mean that you are ROOTING Galaxy Pro. If you have flashed with Voodoo Lag fixes then too you can easily flash your device with this firmware.
- Ensure that you have closed the KIES completely and also disable any firewalls, antivirus if any. Be rest assured as all the files which are mentioned in this article are safe and virus free.
Procedure to install Froyo 2.2 in SAMSUNG Galaxy Pro :
- First of all you will have to download the Froyo JPKC4 2.2 Zip file from here and need to unzip the same to get the files and also the flash tool Odin too will be contained in this. Please note that in the process of extraction, if you are prompted to enter any password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas. Preferably, extract to the desktop so that you can easily find the file for flashing it to your phone. Please note that you should not rename the file in any manner or else the files won’t be recognized by the flashing tool which is Odin in this case.
- Now, after finishing the download you will have to now ensure that you are turning your phone off so that the download mode which is nothing but the safe mode is activated in your phone. After turning Off the phone, you will have to first push the “Q” button to enter in to the download mode which will look like as shown in the below screen shot. If you have successfully entered into the download mode then you will see a green screen which is shown below. Also, additionally note that if the device boots in the normal mode with the home screen then you will have to again switch off the device and retry the process and if despite retrying you are unable to get into download mode then you will have to fix the download mode error for your phone. You can see the download mode screen on how it looks like.
- Now, after this you will have to connect the phone to the computer where you have downloaded and extracted the zip file from the above link. Please note that while connecting the USB cable you will have to make sure that the Odin software is open as mentioned and shown above, as soon as you connect the phone to the Odin, the ID COM block will turn yellow after which you will have to enter the files by clicking on the corresponding options as shown below,
BOOT – APBOOT_B7510JPKC4_CL968357_REV00_user_low_true.tar.md5,
Phone – MODEM_B7510JXKC2_REV00.tar.md5,
PDA – CODE_B7510JPKC4_CL968357_REV00_user_low_true.tar.md5,
CSC – CSC_B7510OJPKC2_CL951730_REV00_user_low_true.tar.md5,
- As soon as you feed in the files, you will have to double check the same and then you will have to proceed and click on the “Start” option to start the firmware update process. After clicking on the start, you will see that the firmware will be installed in your phone within a time of not more than 5 minutes.
- Now, you can see that the flashing process is being in process and you will have to make sure that you don’t interrupt the flashing process as this may be fatal for your phone. So, after few minutes of time you will see the Odin screen as shown below,
Now, that’s it as soon as you see that the above screen is shown in the Odin, you will have to wait for the home screen to see in the phone and there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest firmware of 2.3.3 Gingerbread for your Galaxy Gio Android phone. Now, after this you will have reset the phone just to ensure that all the cache data is erased which can be done by following the below step.
For checking on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show 2.3.4. As you can see above that we have shown some of the images of latest Gingerbread update of 2.3.3. So, let us know if you face any sorts of issues as we will see to it that all issues are resolved. Alternatively, you can also dial *#1234# to check the version number.