Galaxy S I9000

How To Update Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Gingerbread XXJVO 2.3.3 Firmware

Galaxy S 2.3.3 LogoGoogle has told that it will be rolling out the official Gingerbread 2.3.3 update for all the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 phones around the world starting from mid of May and we are also soon expecting the arrival of the latest Android 2.3.4 update for Samsung Galaxy S. There are several ROMs which claim that 2.3.4 update has arrived for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 too but there is no point in installing the buggy firmware or say not so ready firmware with worst ever battery power. So, as soon as 2.3.4 update comes out we will for sure cover an article on that.

Recently many users have said that 2.3.3 Gingerbread update is having lesser battery life compared to other firmwares and the same can be fixed in 2.3.4 update. But this new update which is dubbed as XXJVO just slightly improves the battery life marginally. Also, this version of the Gingerbread 2.3.3 version is the KIES leak as some of the users have received this update and is a stable one of all the recent. The reason being so many updates is that all the firmware issues are being addressed slowly in every version and is sent out for testing.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

300 Comments

300 Comments

1. Chewie3ooo

February 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Would just like to thank you a million times, for some reason this has taken me forever to do, and it never worked, and now I come across this and I’ve done it in a matter of minutes… I love you, If I could give you a bacon sandwich made by the missus (which are amazing i may add) I would, and also a beer and a high five… Cheers bro

2. Hanz

February 3, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Hi Neal

I recently got Galaxy S and want to know which compatible firmware/rom would you recommend to upgrade to? Obviously, for better performance and functionality.

My phone details are as below:

Model Number: GTI9000
    Firmware Version: 2.3.3
    Baseband: I9000xxjvo
    Build number: Gingerbread.XWJVH

Thanks.
    Hanz

• Pradeep Neela

February 4, 2012 at 4:07 pm

update with XWJW1 firmware update!

• Hanz

February 6, 2012 at 5:43 am

Thanks heaps. You are a great help.
        Just thinking what are few main reason to update to XWJW1?

• Pradeep Neela

February 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

there are many performance fixes, the lag too has been reduced considerably

3. maya

January 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm

hi, does it work with the GT i9003 as well?

4. Candace

January 19, 2012 at 4:39 am

the odin3. part did not work for me! i typed in the code things and clicked start and NOTHING happened! what do i do as i need to update my phone ASAP as it is running on version 2.2.1 FROYO…….HELP!!!!!

5. Tom

September 12, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Hi,

I have a virmin mobile sgs on 2.2.1 xxjpw which cannot be updated to 2.3.3 offically.
    pda: xxjpw. phone: xxjpw. csc:xajpw
    I want to update to xxjvo but don’t want to loose the 3g settings,
    If i just update the PDA will that give me 2.3.3 gingerbread and keep my settings ?

Thanks

September 16, 2011 at 6:08 pm

BACKUP APN SETTINGS AND THEN PROCEED TO UPDATE AS MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLE!

6. tarsem saul

September 5, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Hi, i tried to connect my phone while the odin is running but i couldnt see the yellow bar 🙁 help please

September 5, 2011 at 7:00 pm

which version you are on?

• Tom

September 12, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Hi,

I want to update to xxjvo but don’t want to loose the 3g settings,

Thanks

September 16, 2011 at 7:07 pm

note down the apn settings as mentioned in the article so that you can re configure the same. you will lose the apn settings!

7. mugur

September 4, 2011 at 6:08 pm

i ve got the jvr 2.3.3 for now cause its the last one
    i still have problems with data app(internet)
    ive got a samsung galaxy s1 just in case it helps
    and also let me know when the 2.3.4 comes on the market if u woukd know please tx

8. mugur

September 3, 2011 at 5:13 am

hi since the update ive got nothing but problems with my samsung
    1- keeps shutting down whenever it feels like once or twice a day
    2-my data connection barely and i mean barely works …ive got to switch off and on my phone in order the data to be on so i can acces facebook or other pages and thats the internrt that i pay for (orange).
    3-my touchscreen is less responsive now after the update…
    ——————————————————————-
    the update came with kies so should’ve been alright
    what i could do is to repeat the update and see if there are any changes
    mind u i would still need a piece of advice from u neal
    tx!

September 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm

have you tried updating with the XXJVR 2.3.4

9. adicrst

August 30, 2011 at 11:22 am

I changed from JVK to JVO and this is what i’ve seen so far:
    – slower then JVK ( imoving trough windows and aplications is not faster then jvk )
    – definetly more stable then JVK ( i can feel that the phone is more stable and handles better with apps )
    – battely live increased.

Not updating yet to 2.3.4 until a stable version of it.

10. mirjana

August 29, 2011 at 5:20 am

when i want to extract files it asks for password an i type it but it says “error- wrong password”can someone help m?

11. Sara

August 17, 2011 at 9:14 am

Hello! I am completely clueless when it comes to technology… so appolgies in advance if i sound dumb!
    I have a samsung galaxy s I9000, This morning I completed an update via Kies. Now i have no internet!
    I tried fixing all the vpn etc, which i thought was working, cos the little “H” with the arrows appeared up the top menu bar thing. but nope no internet! When i click on facebook for instance it says the webpage is not available.
    Also I am with Virgin, and there is optus signs and stuff all over my phone, is that normal??
    ohh and i think it was in settings somewhere i went to select provider (or something like that?) and the only options were optus, vodafone, and telstra. im with virgin!?
    TIA!

12. Karthik

August 17, 2011 at 8:58 am

Hi Pradeep

There is one constant issue I have been facing since the day I updated this new version. All the things work fine except for the call logs. It crashes constantly when ever I try accessing them. It works only after I restart my phone. I try to clear the Memory (since it is low at 45 MB) using advance task manager, and all I get is some 65 MB, then the logs appear for some time. I have got 4 email clients installed which check for emails in hourly schedule, but this shouldnt be a reason for not having enuff memory. I am not sure if 40 MB is not enuff to display call logs for 500 entries ? This didnt occur in froyo version earlier, but ofcourse it had the worst battery life 🙂

August 17, 2011 at 9:04 am

Its not a known issue but developer has been informed bout the same. U can expect an update patch for this soon.

• Karthik

August 20, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Hi Pradeep

Any idea when the patch may be available from the developer ?
        The messages as well as the call logs applications (android standard) close abruptly due to low memory. This happens when I use the phone for more than 2 days and it is asking for a restart …

August 20, 2011 at 8:19 pm

yes karthik, as soon its available we will soon update you!

13. Sammy

August 13, 2011 at 10:18 am

Sorry, i’m,a major technophobe but your instructions seem pretty easy to follow. But I wanted to knpw why samsung can’t let you get gingerbread 2.3 by going into settings>about phone>system update?
    nd also is this frowned upon or nything?

August 13, 2011 at 10:39 am

thanks sammy for yuor appreciation!!

• Sammy

August 13, 2011 at 11:27 am

sorry, I wanted to know whether samsung can update the phone through its software update in the settings menu instead of my having to do all this. i’m afraid i’d jist end up messing up my phome otherwise

August 13, 2011 at 11:31 am

as of now OTA facility for this phone is not yet activated but it will be done in future!

14. Robenildo de Oliveira

August 10, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I wonder when will be available new firmware Gingerbread.xxvjo
    2.3.4 update for the Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000.

My Samsung = Galaxy S GT-I9000
    Baseband Version = I9000XXJVO
    Firmware Version = 2.3.3
    Build Number = Gingerbread.xxvjo
    Current firmware version: PDA:JVO / PHONE:JVO / CSC:JVO (CPW)

Best Regards.

August 11, 2011 at 12:11 am

how is the new firmware update ? Do give us the feedback on the same!

15. christoffer

August 8, 2011 at 9:26 pm

hi,

3g not working on my mobile, I will not get on the internet.

how do you get a Swedish keyboard?

gmail: as.55.wi94@gmail.com

August 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

hi, you will have to configure the apn settings to access the internet on your phone!

16. shell

August 4, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Please i am a novice. How can i update my os? safely. …..

August 5, 2011 at 11:11 am

just simple, follow the instructions carefully!

17. yasir

July 22, 2011 at 5:43 pm

hi there…

i am tryng to upgrade my 2.2 version to 2.3 through kies..
    frst of all…

sum error comes which says “m-obex/security/privacylock
    invalid body size”.

and then by pressing ok..d process continues…
    n during downloading…suddenly an error comes whch says process timed out or smthng lyk dat..

ive tried it more than 10 times..n d downloading is stops in between
    what to do..??
    can anyone pls help in dat..

thanks.!!

July 26, 2011 at 11:08 am

which phone are you on, coz in I9000 it should go in download mode!

18. GAG

July 12, 2011 at 2:48 am

Neal, I read that samsung makes updates for each country separately, this version has been made for what country?
    And Also what does mean this letters -> XXJVO?

19. Tom

July 9, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Neal, what is the latest version, which supports Chinese?

July 10, 2011 at 1:07 pm

no it doesn’t support as of now! you will have to check it!

20. sarah

July 6, 2011 at 2:25 pm

can some one help i tried updating my galaxy s followed instructions but it comes up fail on the mfc first box and now wont let me turn my fone on some one please help

21. Zvi Ever

July 5, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Where can I find a list of the languages the various versions cater for? I am looking for the Gingerbread 2.3.4 that caters for Hebrew! Is the XXJVO containing Hebrew?

July 7, 2011 at 10:42 pm

as of now there’s no hebrew version

• Karthik

August 19, 2011 at 9:38 am

Hi Pradeep

So soon you would be letting me know the download location patch right ?

Hope it comes very soon.

22. Dileep

July 3, 2011 at 7:19 am

Hi Neal,

I have updated my Galaxy S to XXJVO and its working fine. The only problem i got that all the applications installed got removed after that. So now is there any way to get them or i can move to the earlier version Froyo ?

Moreover now 2.3.3 is also available with samsung kies. Is that a better one ?

July 3, 2011 at 7:36 am

As of now the best version is XXJVQ 2.3.4 Gingerbread version!

23. Biscut

June 30, 2011 at 12:07 am

Thanks after about 5 goes of the install and 5 goes of the clear cache it worked!! Really good instructions just not for my muppet arms!!

24. elhakem

June 28, 2011 at 10:07 am

updat

25. william

June 24, 2011 at 12:45 pm

hi,

should i need to check/thick re-partition as what i did on my galaxy tab with the galaxy s upgrade???
    thankx..

26. Samantha

June 24, 2011 at 12:34 am

Hey! I have troubles with my galaxy s, I can’t make a backup via samsung kies.. Idk what the problem is, I downloaded the latest version and I connect my phone according the procedure but all I get is the advice to contact costumer service(and idk what costumer service either..) I dont dare updating it without a backup! Anyone tips? Thanks in advance! Sam

27. Darshan

June 23, 2011 at 6:11 am

Does this version of android has a better BATTERY LIFE

June 23, 2011 at 4:24 pm

yes darshan, the battery life has improved!

28. Warren

June 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Ok so I’ve updates my samsung galaxy S to 2.3.3
    So what does this mean? I’m a technophobe therefore it means nothing
    Can anyone list what this update has done for my phone (other than make the battery and signal icons change colour in the top corner).
    On a more important note, if Samsung can make updates to my phone then why can’t they sort the AWFULL microphone sensitivity on the phone which is far to sensitive and clearly has the gain at 100% with no obvious way of reducing it… I can’t record one single concert that I play at, yet all my friends with the iphone get great quality picture like me but with quality sound for a phone device?/?

29. Shaz

June 20, 2011 at 6:48 am

Mate will this method work for me even though the my firmware currently is 2.2 vodafone edition- i.e my phone is a network phone but not locked.

Thanks

• Shaz

June 20, 2011 at 9:58 am

Never Mind my earlier question- it worked a charm!

Thank you very much mate, you,ve got at least one friend in Australia

Have a good one mate

30. Shaz

June 20, 2011 at 6:42 am

Mate my mobile is from vodafone and they are taking too long to release the 2.3 version- will this work method work on any galaxy S regardless of the the fact that my current firmware is 2.2 vodafone version?

Thanks

June 21, 2011 at 5:26 pm

its a bit risky process and is not recommended from our side! wE WILL Surely bring something for Vodafone users very soon!

31. GAG

June 19, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Dear Neal
    Thanks for the instructions, my phone is now updated, and works fine, but I’m not able to do several actions in some applications. How can I root this version?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

32. Ram

June 18, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Hi Folks/Saviours,

I tried this and the update got “FAILED” :(( . Could someone please help me with this. I need to recover my phone to the older Froyo atleast. Please please please please please help.

All I see now is a Phone…!…PC Icon on my phone when I start it… I am not able to get into the download menu or a normal startup

June 19, 2011 at 12:50 pm

just keep trying you will get into download, since you are a newbie you are unable to get into!

33. Patrcik

June 17, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hi,
    I just flash my i9000 to 2.3.3 XXJV5. the performance is quite good, except the quality of phone part, my friend always complaint above the quality of conversation is too bad. Can i just flash JVO on phone part only in order to improve the phone performance.? Thank

Patrick

June 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm

yes you can easily install any version of your choice!

34. Luka S

June 16, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Hy…

I’m using XXJVO for almost a month now and i am very pleased with it…
    the speed is great, battery lasts longer… untill today…

my battery drained in like 12h with low usage when beafore it lasted for 4 days…

in battery usage it usually said Android OS 3% … now its 64% ….

anyone has similiar problems???

How to fix it???

• rajesh babu shrestha

June 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm

i used to have this prob….. solution: restart your device and kill software update and sns process from menu>application…. most of the time just restarting works…..

35. Mario

June 16, 2011 at 4:20 am

Hi Neal,
    i upgraded my samsung to gingerbread 2.3.3, version I9000XXJVO, and this what i got:
    extremely bad quality camera photos, grainy and not clear. also it takes seconds to take a photo while it was instantly with Froyo and Eclair…
    the gallery is sooo laggy and slow, simply horrible, and the photos are sorted in a very weird way (new and old completely mixed together)…
    As i noticed the battery life is better, in general i’m very disappointed…
    Do you have any advice? the 2.3.4 can solve the probems mentioned above?
    Note that cash was cleared and the phone was hard reset as well…

Thank you.

36. pyrophreak

June 15, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Hey thanks for the update, works awesome!
    Just one thing, I cant find Whatsapp Messenger on the android market sins the update and it wont install from the storage card… any idea why!?

37. Duk

June 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Yesterday my Galaxy9000i finally upgrades to 2.3.3. Gingerbread. And now….

Say goodbye to your crisp & bright colors, it’s all yellowish now
    Say goodbye to reading your mobile in bright daylight, apparently the maximum brightness is lower than it used to be
    Say goodbye to the Daily brief app….

38. Richard

June 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Hi Folks,
    I just upgrade my Samsung GT-I9000 to gingerbread 2.3.3, version I9000XXJVO
    Kernel version 2.6.35.7-I9000XWJVH-CL184813 root@DELL101 #2
    Compliation Number GINGERBREAD.XWJVH
    It works cool, but Mobile AP functions disappeared from the wireless connections menu?
    Do anybody help me to find it again? or is it impossible to use the wireless router function like previous Androids versions does?

Many Thanks

39. snowbear

June 10, 2011 at 10:36 am

i got stuck to the “within 5 mins..” it has been running for 15 mins and it is still in param.lfs
    i tried samsung kies. still failed.

helpppp

40. michael

June 9, 2011 at 5:15 am

what is the best gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware as of now?

thank you man!

41. H

June 8, 2011 at 8:51 am

Hi. After updating my Samsung Galaxy S I-9000 to Gingerbread XXJVO 2.3.3 Firmware, I had a problem with connecting to my VPN. For me, to able to use Android Market, I have to go to Flight mode, and then connect to a VPN (L2TP/IPSec PSK VPN for me). But whenever I do that, my smartphone crashes and reboots! And that happens every time I try to connect to the VPN.

Your quick response would be most appreciated.

42. Tomeck

June 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm

After upgrading 2.3.3. xwjvo, I have a problem with battery. After 48 hours of up time, my Galaxy consumes three time faster than before 48 hours of up time. Then I must to up time more often to avoid the fast consumption.

43. Imad

June 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Hi Neal
    first of all please disregard my previous comment regarding the installation of the rom 23/5
    since i am going now to download the arabic version of gb 2.3.3 called jpjv6
    I thank you for this version and if i encounter any problem i will let you know
    Again thank you and keep on this excellent job

June 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm

SURE IMAD we will be here to serve you !

44. mike

June 7, 2011 at 9:15 am

Hi Neal,

After I installed XXJVO to my Galaxy S, I noticed that my battery was draining fast not like the XXJPY..
    I thought that XXJVO is better than XXJPY if regards on battery life..

here is my battery use %
    Display 24%
    Android OS 18%
    Maps 14%
    Music 9%
    Android sys. 7%
    Cell Standby 5%
    Wi-fi 4%
    Gallery, phone Idle & voice call 2%
    dialer 1%

is this normal for XXJVO firmware?

Thanks in advance

June 7, 2011 at 2:10 pm

yes its normal!

• mike

June 8, 2011 at 6:19 am

but you know Neal, every day I need to recharge my galaxy S even I’m using Galaxy SL battery 1650mAh.
        is there any problem with my device?

thanks!

45. imad

June 6, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Hi Neal
    it seems that we have to wait some time till the arrival of the arabic version for gb 2.3.3
    in the meantime i went through the internet and to be frank with you i found a rom
    called ROM 23/5- 7 LINUX rom v.3.2 (2.3.3 xwjvh) full arabic -odin version(from xda- developers)
    but unfortunately when i downloaded this rom i couldnt extract the pda file.
    my question is if it is possible that you look into it and tell me if it is safe and how we can install this rom

46. SachinB

June 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Works like a charm ..

47. Zaeem S.

June 6, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Hey, I want to ask a question;

I’m currently on Darky’s Resurrection Edition 10.1. Is it possible to go back to stock XXJVO following the procedure here? I probably need to disable lagfix first, right?

48. emac0880

June 6, 2011 at 11:33 am

Neal, is it ok to update the firmware 2.3.3 if i’m not disable the voodoo lag fix?

thanks!

more power

June 6, 2011 at 3:13 pm

its an advisory which if followed will not lead to any issues!!

49. G

June 6, 2011 at 9:32 am

just have a small doubt…

my android version is froyo 2.2 and build version is froyo.jpjpa…can i update to the 2.3.3??
    and also what is the difference between the XWJVB 2.3.3 Firmware and the XXJVO 2.3.3 Firmware

Thanks

G

June 6, 2011 at 3:15 pm

yes you can update with any version of Android!

50. CK

June 5, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Hi Neal, .. i am currently on 2.3.2 XWJV1 where Swype and 3G does not work.. can you please let me know the most latest stable version of android WHERE BOTH Swype and 3G works with excellent battery and the link to upgrade on androidadvices.com.. thanks a lot

51. CK

June 5, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Neal, i installed 2.3.2 in the morning today. But found that swype is no longer working.. will 2.3.3 make swype working? has 2.3.4 come already.. is 2.3.4 better than 2.3.3

52. Jigar

June 5, 2011 at 9:26 pm

after the Fw update my phone reboots and it asks to confirm password ? ?
    wht is the problem ?

53. ufo3k

June 5, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Hi Neal

I got a Asian versian of I9000DXJPA, can i update to the latest u mention?

June 21, 2011 at 5:34 pm

yes you can install any version which is mentioned!

54. K

June 5, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I tried updating and it got half way through the factoryfs and the phone screen went to orange and didnt do anything…. what should i do?

• K

June 5, 2011 at 1:13 pm

sorry ignore this post… managed to get it to work

55. emac

June 5, 2011 at 9:39 am

Hi Neal!

I successfully installed this firmware (XXJVO) to my Galaxy S . .
    Thanks to you guys . . .

one question, do I need to flash again the voodoo lag fix? because my quadrant score is lower than the previous firmware (XXJPY)

Thanks again for your great work!!

June 5, 2011 at 11:23 am

thanks emac for the appreciation, stay tuned!

56. emac

June 5, 2011 at 4:44 am

Hi Neal!

I successfully installed this firmware to my galaxy s . .
    Thanks to you . . .

Thanks again for your great work!!

June 5, 2011 at 5:16 am

dues to file system, the Quadrant scores may mismatch but actual speed is more than JPY!

• emac0880

June 6, 2011 at 6:19 am

yes its true, I also notice that..
        Thanks..

57. gideon

June 4, 2011 at 10:49 pm

i got itfinall,i have to set my USB to debbuging state plz if u are also having problem of not been able to access yourphone for upgrade after downloading the ROM plz set ur USB connection to deburging

58. karty

June 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm

neil pls help me i hav error connectin to the internet after getin connected via wifi if i use android market or internet its says “a network error has occured ”
    pls help pls do.

59. Ahmed

June 4, 2011 at 9:30 am

THaaaaaaaank you worked greatly … hope that soon you can provide a way of rooting it thanx

60. Ghandi p

June 4, 2011 at 8:48 am

10x for the fix man

61. Annu

June 3, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Thanks Neal for your tutorial.
    At first I updated my galaxy s to xwjvh fowling your instruction. everything was fine, but when I visited your site again and saw that there is another update available called xxjvo and you say this is better firmware available among 2.3.3 firmwares. and I updated again, but when my phone booted and restarted, there were lots of pop ups saying force close this app, force close that app…. I was using go luncher before, and when phone is restarted accidently I press default for go luncher, which was forcing to close already, then after I couldn’t open my home screen. then again I updated to jvh,
    Now I can’t make video calls as front facing camera doesn’t tun on while calling.
    Can I make video call in JVO, via 3g or yahoo msgn?
    and can I update to JVO again? how can I avoid the problems I mentioned above if I upgrade to JVO again?
    and at last… Is hindi font available in any firmware released till date for galaxy s?
    Thanks once again Neal.

June 3, 2011 at 5:23 pm

no @annu as of now there’s not hindi font available!

June 3, 2011 at 5:23 pm

just update the firmware again with XXJVO, things will get sorted out!

62. Annu

June 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Thanks Neal for your tutorial. At first I updated my

63. Carol

June 3, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I’ve follow the steps and it’s quite successful until the “Wipe data/factory reset” steps, the phone auto on again but it will stuck at the intro of the “Galaxy S” and keep on restart again and again. and it cant even go to the main page? how?

64. Andre

June 2, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Currently following the guide, I’m at hte part that says it shouldn’t take longer then 5mins, and it’s been around 15mins now….. getting a little nervous…. going from 2.1….

65. sidhartha

June 2, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Hi Neal, i have i have successfully Update Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to Gingerbread XXJVO 2.3.3 Firmware
    on my Galaxy s I9000 by use Odin3 but unfortunately i got the problem now i can not call through my mobile when i try to call its says “Mobile Network not Available” and also its not showing mobile network tower on my mobile. I am from Saudi Arabia and using sawa sim at my phone,now i am afraid please can u help me….what to do now?

66. Martin Rodger

June 2, 2011 at 4:48 am

Hi Neal after flashing to XXJVO from XWJVH ive noticed a decline in my battery performance.
    If I want to flash back to XWJVH can I flash directly from XXJVO or do I need to flash back to XWJVB first.

June 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm

yes @martin you can directly go to the version XXJVH

67. Ehab

June 1, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Dear Neal

IS this firmware support Arabic?

Plz

Confirm

June 2, 2011 at 3:11 am

No @ehab not as of now

• Ehab

June 3, 2011 at 10:47 am

can u check for me ?

68. Hanju Pathan

June 1, 2011 at 12:16 am

Hi Neal !
    successfully installed this firmware to my galaxy s . .
    Many thanks to you . . .
    now can you please provide me the link to tutorial so i can root my device again . .
    waiting for yewr reply , Bye

69. Narasimha

May 31, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Hi Pradeep,

I just tried to update the firmware to 2.3 gingerbread as instructed by you. My phone is currently running on 2.1(Eclair). After downloading and once the phone rebooted it started installing and it failed by giving a message saying installation aborted. It also referred to some cache. What should i do now? I am not able to turn on my phone!!!:( 🙁

Please help me asap

May 31, 2011 at 6:03 pm

@narasimha don’t worry juz try flashing again!

70. Amol I

May 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Hey Neal,

After several failed attempts on Kies, I came across this site for a manual update.

Being a total novice, I was a little reluctant to perform this update but going the steps you’ve given, it was just too easy – thanks a ton for this walk-through!

Cheers mate.

71. Manoj

May 31, 2011 at 3:42 am

hi Neal thank you for update,
    I’ve updated my galaxy s GT-I9000 to 2.3.3 XWJVh, I just want to know which of the firmware is better and stable, XXJVh, XXJVO, XXJVB or any other, also can I change to XXJVO,XXJVB or any other better firmware.

72. Manoj

May 31, 2011 at 3:24 am

hi Neal thank you alot,
    I’ve just updated my galaxy s GT-I9000 to 2.3.3 XXJVh, I just want to know which of the firmware is better, XWJVh, XWJVO, XXJVB or any other, also can I change to XXJVO,XWJVB or any other better firmware.

73. whackydaz

May 30, 2011 at 7:31 pm

all i can say is wow..followed the procedure and ping there it is ugrade done……keep up the good work. even my apn settings where ok no faults found at all…thank you sooooo much…hurray!!!

74. Aaron

May 30, 2011 at 10:13 am

Hey Neal,

Thanks alot for the update. I followed all the instructions and eveything went well except for the last part. After the first reboot im not able to go into recovery mode. Infact the first time i did it, it worked but never after tht. Is tht a JVO issue?

CHeers.

May 30, 2011 at 10:19 am

no @aaron its not an issue in JVO! You should be able to get into the recovery mode!

• Aaron

June 1, 2011 at 5:15 am

Hey Neal,

I tried a couple of times but did’nt work, thts ok I’ll figure tht out later. I have another question, I recently came across three more firmwares after the XXJVO, which are DDJV6, ZSJV5 and ZWJV4. Should I move onto these? and how does this work are these later and better firmwares of Gingerbread 2.3.3? Thanks for the help again.

75. Wayne Law

May 30, 2011 at 9:14 am

Hi Neal,

I have successfully updated my i9000 to Gingerbread XXJVO 2.3.3, however I found that I cannot send SMS in Chinese, all the other function is OK, including Web-browsing. I then flash the Asia version I9000ZSJPJ by using the odin, and it can successfully flashed, and I can select the Chinese interface, but I found that it cannot connect to internet even though I have set the APN correctly. And I found that the firmware version as follow:
    PDA: I9000ZSJPJ
    PHONE: I9000ZSJPG
    CSC: I9000ZSJPG

As flashing the JVO version is different from flashing JPJ (since JPJ has only one file), will there any tactic for flashing the stock rom so that I can resume the Asia version that can resume the internet browsing. Or any solution that I can use JVO version that can send Chinese SMS. Viewing Chinese in JVO is no problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards.

Wayne

May 30, 2011 at 10:13 am

@Wayne Law i would suggest you to wait for the official update as JVO doesn’t have Chinese language!!

76. gideon

May 29, 2011 at 7:11 pm

sorry i mean , IT DOESNT RECOGNISE MY PHONE WHENEVER I CONNECT IT TO MY SYSTEM

May 29, 2011 at 7:30 pm

@gideon is it Galaxy S GT I9000 you are trying to update or some other phone?

• gideon

May 31, 2011 at 9:50 pm

yes galaxy s i9000,if i connect the phone it brings out some options like
        connect to kies
        connect to mass storage
        pc internet.and yet it will not recognise whenever put my phone to download mode to upgraqde.is there any problem somewhere somehow?

77. gideon

May 29, 2011 at 7:07 pm

i have downloaded the xxjvo firmware and even the kies,but when ever i wanted to upgrade from kernel to gingerbread using odins,my system does recognise my phone.but den i usually use this phone i9000 to browse n even playing some of my songs.also if i turn to use kies it does tell me that no device was connected,why pls im currious and worry to begin enjoying like others.will love to no more even through my mail;gidfaa@yahoo.com, gidfaa@googlemail.com

78. Ridzuan

May 29, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Hi Neal..,

what a relief to know that there is complete guidance for those in help just like myself.. I’m so impressed.. you did a very good job..

Just to brief you shortly.. I’m currently using the Samsung Galaxy S i900 version 2.1 Eclair and I’m lame in all this gadget things.

I’d problem with the phone before which was lagging so badly… I’ve overcome the problem by rooted and use the OCLF application.. and it was okey and the Quadrant Standard always shows 2000-2200.., but lately my phone was always blinking and hang.. even after I cleared the cache.. I don’t know what to do.. till I found this website and eagerly decided to upgrade my Firmware to XXJVO.

I”ve downloaded the XXJVO Firmware Package and followed the instruction given step by step. but unfortunately it just couldn’t be done.. the problem is after I put my phone to the download mode and start connect to the laptop it was stated that it couldn’t find the driver.. and it’s start maze me up.. the Odin doesn’t start automatically.. I”d try to open the Odin file manually which is extracted from the XXJVO Firmware Package and key in the password given, it can be opened but just in blank format and not as what it suppose to be.. has any body was face the same situation..? please help me..!

Should I put the KIES CD driver and install it first to my computer..?

I just keep wondering when you said this firmware is not recommended for all those whose phones are network locked. What does it means.., and how to check either my phone is network locked or not?

I really need some help here.. Thanks a lot for your attention..!

May 29, 2011 at 5:21 pm

@Ridzuan hi..if you are able to use any sim cards then its not network locked.
      Just follow the procedure which is mentioned above and you can easily update your device!

79. Dileep

May 29, 2011 at 4:43 am

Hi Neal,

I am facing an issue with wireless connection after the upgrade. I am not able to connect to internet. Please help me out.

Thanks

• karty

June 4, 2011 at 12:57 pm

same here first i had problem of getin connected to wifi after getin connected wen use the android market or internet it says” a network error has occured”.i fell like i had ruined my phone after upgradin to this 2.3.3
      pls help .

80. bill

May 29, 2011 at 4:20 am

can anybody root this firmware?

81. Yousuff

May 29, 2011 at 3:47 am

Hello Neal,

I recently updated this firmware(JVO) which is good but I have noticed few issues.
    Firstly I am unable to see the individual message in Inbox just like the way I used to see in my previous firmware (XWJS5). When I touch a particular Msg in a conversation, it used to open on a black background. But in this new firmware (JVO) I cannot see it.
    Secondly, the online quadrant score used to be 1250 in XWJS5 update (after updating Vodoo lag fix)
    now in this JVO I only get a score of around 750.

Please share your thoughts on this..

thanks,

May 29, 2011 at 5:45 am

@Yousuff quadrant score is not always of exact measure!

May 29, 2011 at 5:46 am

@Yousuff wat actually matters that is how fast is the phone and i guess XXJVO is faster and is surely more battery optimizer!

82. Dileep

May 28, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Thanks a lot for easy and to the point steps. I have successfully upgraded to Gingerbread……..!

• Dileep

May 29, 2011 at 5:40 am

Hi Neal,

I am not able to connect to internet although the Wi-Fi is enabled, after the upgrade. Please help me out.

Thanks
      Dileep

May 29, 2011 at 5:44 am

@Dileep you are requested to configure the APN for accessing the Internet, its clearly mentioned in the article that you should take a note of APN Settings

• Dileep

June 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Hi Neal,

Thanks man. Now the internet is working fine. But one thing i found wierd like some samsung applications are not available after upgrade. Can you tell why..?

June 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm

@dileep all are listed there!! you need to find them carefully!

• karty

June 4, 2011 at 1:41 pm

do hav to config apn even wen v want to connect through wifi?

June 4, 2011 at 4:06 pm

NO @KARTY NO REQUIREMENT FOR CONFIGURING APN!

• karty

June 5, 2011 at 7:18 am

will you introduce a manaul update through odin for DDJV6 2.3.3 Firmware ?

83. nhshovon

May 28, 2011 at 1:13 am

An unexpected thing happend today.. Before I went to sleep i normaly used exchange email, facebook, tweeter, nimbuzz application and then i checked my battery level is 56%. But in the morning today when I woke up, I checked my mobile it not responding.. I pushed the lock button to unlock it but no result. Not even backlight showing in display. I thought might be the hole battery charge is gone.. And then i started charging my fone, but no display or still unlock function not working. Only the sound told me my fone is set into the charging mode. After sometime i again tryed to unlock but no Luck.. 🙁

Then I pulled the SIM, SD Card and Battery out and wait for some time and again hook the battery with my fone and start it.. This time my Luck works.. My fone starts normaly with booting animation and sound. And the interesting thing is my battery level is only 29% left. Over a night around 7 Hours in power saving mode the battery drains upto 17%. Im using Advance Task Killer and it autometically kill unused/unexpected applications every half an hour. So i think there is no valid reason to loss my battery over a night..

I just updated my fw of SGS I9000 to XXJVO and after that it happend. Is that a firmware problem or what ? Should I roolback to my previous firmware XXJVK which was working fine ? Can anyone help me out ???

May 28, 2011 at 6:22 am

@nhshovon have you cleared the cache? If not then do the same and also if problem persists, repeat the firmware update process!

• Gag

June 20, 2011 at 4:45 am

Hi Neal

I rooting of this version influence on battery lifetime?

Thanks.

• Gag

June 20, 2011 at 4:46 am

{del the upper one please}
          Can rooting of this version influence on battery lifetime?

June 21, 2011 at 5:28 pm

there is no relation between rooting and battery life!

June 21, 2011 at 5:29 pm

there is no relation between rooting and battery life!!

• GAG

June 26, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Thanks Neal for the answer!

84. Karthik

May 27, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Hi Pradeep

I have installed this version and things are working as expected except for the bluetooth.

It seems I just cannot find the bluetooth stereo headphones even though first time it did find the device. Later after repeated search still the device is not found. So is there any way of making it work ?

85. shine

May 27, 2011 at 4:03 am

thanks to Neal and androidadvices.com….gingerbread 2.3.3 works great on my SGS i 9000

May 27, 2011 at 5:26 am

thanks @shine for the appreciation, do let us know for any more help!

86. nhshovon

May 27, 2011 at 2:59 am

Hi neel..
    I just updated this fw over xxjvk. seems like this one is better than before. but im experiencing lower ring tone problem i guess. In earlier version my ringtone was louder i think. im using same ringtone with same sound level like before. does anyone have the same problem?

one more thing is the back light of my edit and back botton is now dim when im not in power saver mode. back light is only activate when i touch them? is it a bug or not, plz reply..

87. rami

May 26, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Is it stable?

88. Yousuff

May 26, 2011 at 9:18 pm

hello Neal,
    Just finished doing this firmware update.. First time when i tried, after selecting all the files
    in odin and I clicked start, the process just dint go further, I waited for almost 20 mins but nothing happened and my phone turned off from download mode!! God was so worried!
    Then i tried the process again.. it went on smoothly.. phone is working better..
    just need to check the battery and other stuffs 🙂

thanks a ton Neal.. Your doing a great job 🙂

May 27, 2011 at 5:28 am

thanks @yousuff for the appreciation, look forward for more!

89. siefeddin

May 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Thank for the new update this but why until now not supporting Arabic language and more than thousand of Samsung devices using by who need Arabic language at least for received sms and sending .

thanks & regards .

90. Karthik

May 26, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Hi Pradeep

Thanks for the info you provided in the website and helping one and all. I used to do this for Nokia devices. I am new to android but will pickup soon.

I have installed 2.3.3 update XXJVO and found everything works great including the battery. My phone can now go on for 24 hrs without a recharge.

The only issue I face now is bluetooth. It somehow doesnt detect my nokia stereo headphones (It detected the headphones only once first time but could not PAIR it). The older 2.2 Froyo version did PAIR the headphones and I used to enjoy the music. But this Gingerbread version seems to have a rare bug and I am caught admist. Is there any way to make this work ? I tried to pair this with other bluetooth phones and it is able to identify them. Should I try 2.3.3 XXJVH version which may work with bluetooth ?

May 26, 2011 at 6:58 pm

hey @Karthik great to know that.. its not a known issue and at our side its perfectly alright and is pairing well! Just check it again!

91. David Rolfe

May 26, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Hi,

I have just updated my Galaxy S to XXJVO but when I now connect it via Kies the firmware details shown end with (KOR) which is Korea I believe.

Is there a separate file for the UK, or at least for Europe please?

May 26, 2011 at 5:16 pm

@david it will not affect and all things will remain same but there is no dedicated US version as of now!

92. Paul M

May 26, 2011 at 11:45 am

Neal.What is the best way to back up my applications/games.I really dont want to download all the apps again after updating to each firmware version.Please Help

93. nhshovon

May 26, 2011 at 11:05 am

Just installed XXJVO.. Hope it will be better then XXJVK.. Thx for the tutorial and above useful comments

May 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm

@nhshovon yes! its way better than previous versions!

94. yarnz

May 26, 2011 at 8:48 am

which one is better….JVH or JVO?

95. durga prasad

May 25, 2011 at 7:36 pm

dear pradeep,

my galaxy s is very slow. Atleast that is what i feal. I am new to android and is currently using fryo. Going to upgrade as per ur directions. thanks for everything. But what i want to know is why is my phone slower than a simple low cost nokia. I installed about 40 applications. The browsing in 3g is also consuming a hell lot of battery. is it normal. please clarify.

96. macjboy

May 25, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Added!!
    Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    File analysis..
    Enter CS for MD5..
    Leave CS..
    Enter CS for MD5..
    Leave CS..
    Enter CS for MD5..
    Leave CS..

———————————————————–

Can you help me out? Odin3 isn’t doing anything and when I try it again it keeps giving this instruction,
    I can’t click on Start on Reset or frankly anything

May 26, 2011 at 5:52 am

@macjboy restart pc as well as phone and start the process again!

97. Lee Roberts

May 25, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Hey all i thought i would ask like all of you guys have already done so before me, but one thing i like to make sure is that i am sure 100% before attempting anything like this.

So after hours and hours of carefully reading the questions and replies not just from on here but other sites too is that one thing that would make this all easier to do is if it were clearer more about what is the zone of the updates themselves ie, UK/Europe, USA, Asia etc; because frankly i’m still none the wiser lol

All i seem to read is everyone has different firmware to mine and with them all stating errors of some sort i am still a little apprehensive in going through with it. So all i ask is which firmware do i use to upgrade with regards to my own UK Model which is as follows PDA: I9000BVJS4
    PHONE: I9000BVJP4
    CSC: I9000ORAJS4
    BUILD: 2011.02
    Kernel 2.6.32.9 root@DELL104#1
    So i await patiently for any help that comes my way..big props to this site too…absolute God send!
    Tnx Lee

May 26, 2011 at 5:54 am

@Lee Roberts hey glad that you have put and rolled everything in just one question itself. I would like to day that its a Global version and anyone can update with the same and its not any region specific. So go ahead and flash! 😉 Do let us know for further help!

98. Lee Roberts

May 25, 2011 at 5:35 pm

All i seem to read is everyone has different firmware to mine and with them all stating errors of some sort i am still a little apprehensive in going through with it. So all i ask is which firm-ware do i use to upgrade with regards to my own UK Model which is as follows :

PDA: I9000BVJS4
    PHONE: I9000BVJP4
    CSC: I9000ORAJS4
    BUILD: 2011.02
    Kernel 2.6.32.9 root@DELL104#1

So i await patiently for any help that comes my way..big props to this site too…ansolute God send!

Kind Regards,

Lee

99. prabhpreet

May 25, 2011 at 3:12 pm

hey bro
    i installed this new fw, everything is fine but im not able to use my internet from mobile service provider, plz help, what to do now. #help
    please give proper info on that.

• JeffMeszaros

May 25, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Hey guys, I really need some help….alll went well but I can’t pick up any network operators right now….therefore I have zero service….called my service provider (Sasktel) and he told me he had no idea…ran through all the APN stuff so that should be A-ok once I’m able to find a network provider.

At the very least could someone please advise me as to how I could revert to an earlier version that Kies would support?

May 26, 2011 at 5:48 am

@JeffMeszaros wats the exact issue! phone is ok right? or the ISSUE is with Internet access?

• marc

May 26, 2011 at 10:54 am

ring costumer care.. and ask them for setting .. i did the same go to SET UP AND DO IT MANUALLY

• sai

May 27, 2011 at 3:10 am

reconfigure your APN setting.

100. prabhpreet

May 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

hey bro
    please give proper info on that

101. Umer

May 25, 2011 at 11:20 am

HOW TO CLEAR THE CACHE ,, NEAL??

• sasa77ar

May 25, 2011 at 4:08 pm

For this you will have to first turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which your Galaxy S will be rebooting and again you will have to set up your Google accounts etc. Doing this will not only optimize the battery but will also remove all the data flux from your phone.

Neal Do not be mad that I have answered

• sasa77ar

May 25, 2011 at 4:12 pm

102. Umer

May 25, 2011 at 6:08 am

hey man how are you. as mentioned before the BATTERY LIFE has improved like anything but the only thing worrying is the MARKET crashes, gives me the message

THE APPLICATION MARKET (PROCESS COM.ANDROID.VENDING) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

Is this a bug or anything else?

Thanks .

May 25, 2011 at 8:26 am

@umer hey you will have to clear the cache!!!

103. Bhumir Jhaveri

May 25, 2011 at 5:50 am

Team,

When can we expect gingerbread stable rom for GT i9003?
    As no. of users for that, are also growing….
    Any work or anything has started?

Any tentative duration around which we can expect stable rom for i9003?

Please let us know your feedback.

May 25, 2011 at 8:27 am

@Bhumir Jhaveri exact date will be difficult to say but soon we will bring out the update tutorial!

• Bhumir Jhaveri

May 25, 2011 at 8:54 am

Ok fine, currently is there a rom available on androidadvices.com for i9003??

May 25, 2011 at 8:55 am

yes, you can download the 2.2.1 version ROM!

• Bhumir Jhaveri

May 25, 2011 at 9:41 am

Neal,

I am looking for gingerbreadas I’ve mentioned already!

104. Gil

May 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm

How can I backup the installed apps?
    Don’t know how to do it on kies.
    I always write on a paper all them installed apps then download again on the market place after I cleared the cache and restored it on factory default.
    Thanks in advance.
    Also when will 2.3.4 be released?
    I’m holding back on installing all my apps, you know what I mean guys.
    Thanks!

May 25, 2011 at 4:01 am

@Gil exact date on 2.3.4 arrival is not given but as soon as it comes we will surely update with the same!

• Gil

May 25, 2011 at 5:08 am

This is the first time im able to talk with you. wow!

Thanks Neal!!
        and more power to you buddy!!!

May 25, 2011 at 8:28 am

@Gil thanks buddy, looking forward for your support with androidadvices.com! Do let us know for any help on Android!

105. Gil

May 24, 2011 at 10:46 pm

When will the 2.3.4 be released?
    I’ve updated my phone with this xxjvo fw and battery life is great.
    Thanks Neal from odessa tx, kuwait usa.

106. Luka S

May 24, 2011 at 9:24 pm

hy… just wanna reply and say that JVO is great so far…

today i used my phone for playing music( 1h), games download through wifi (about 1gb download), camera (0,5h), playing games(1h) and the phone has used only 40% of battery…

it’s just amazing…

i recomend it to everyone…

and thx neal and androidadvices.com for the tutorial…

Luka

May 25, 2011 at 4:03 am

hey @Luka thanks for the appreciation, do spread a word about this site to your friends too so that they too can benefit from this site! 😉

107. marc

May 24, 2011 at 9:16 pm

any news???? about rooting, OR EVEN UPDATE??? cant wait …other phones already running 2.3.4 🙁 PLS LET ME KNOW

May 25, 2011 at 4:03 am

hey @marc juz give us sometime so that we can come out with the tutorial on the same!

108. peejay

May 24, 2011 at 2:03 pm

yo geezers. could you empower me with a little knowledge.
    After updating my phone from Froyo to GBXWJVB then JVH (using your Odin) i could not find certain apps on the market which i had before installed on my I9000. I found them on the market on the PC but it wont download them to my phone, says, “not available in your country” HELLO………i had them before! Whats going on here? Would they download if i had updated via Kies?
    Iv’e noticed other people asking a similar question to this but not seen any replies for it.

May 24, 2011 at 6:44 pm

@peejay all apps which you see in the market place will work 100% for you! kindly check with the same and may i know with which application you are facing issue?

109. Mehul

May 24, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Hi,
    I am in process of upgrading my galaxy and i have connected my movile for more then 15 min but still the same i cann’t see any changes on upgradation in Odin window. what should i have to do. I have done all the things as per your website instruction only.

May 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm

@Mehul restart the computer and also your phone and then re do the procedure as mentioned above!

110. marc

May 24, 2011 at 12:37 am

ANY NEWS??? about rooting.. or UPDATE????? .. CANT WAIT.. ! 🙁

• mizi

May 24, 2011 at 5:31 am

me 2 hehe..

• Anima

May 31, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Me too.. Awaiting.. 😕

111. hite

May 23, 2011 at 11:28 pm

hi,
    my question maybe irrelevant here.
    i am new to android.
    do i lose my apps when i update using kies. all my apps are inastalled on phone. what about the data in internal memory(16gb) of the phone. thanks in advance for your reply. Waiting eagerly for response as my kies is showing me that update is available.

May 24, 2011 at 3:32 am

hey @hite never fear of asking at androidadvices.com, we are here to guide you and empower you with just everything which is related to Android. So, never term questions as irrelevant!

Actually there are two methods of updating your phone, one is the kies version which is the official version and is automatic way of loading firmware while the Odin method which we generally cover is the manual way of pushing the update to the phone.

In both the ways there s a possibility of either data corruption or the data lost issue! So, its better to backup and then proceed to update!

• hite

May 24, 2011 at 12:15 pm

thanks for your prompt reply…..

data backup i can take but what about installed apps???

• s m fahim

August 13, 2011 at 3:08 am

plz tell me how to update 2.3.3 version

August 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

kindly follow the instructions which are mentioned above!

112. Luka S

May 23, 2011 at 11:35 am

when i installed xwjvb i lost my language (Slovenian – Slovenščina),

is there any way getting it back or do i have to install different fw to get slovenian language..

before i had JP7…

• marc

May 23, 2011 at 4:34 pm

je tam slovenstina 100% 🙂 , it is there

• Luka S

May 23, 2011 at 7:07 pm

it’s not my langugage… slovenstina is Slovakia… im from Slovenia – Slovenscina ….

• marc

May 23, 2011 at 8:26 pm

oh.. sorry

113. sai

May 23, 2011 at 7:36 am

battry life slightly improve..Can’t wait for the rooting.

114. Umer

May 23, 2011 at 5:25 am

Let me tell you man, the battery life on this firmware has drastically improved. its amazing.

Thanks Neal

115. Sithy

May 22, 2011 at 11:48 pm

@Neal Pradeep

Can I check on Re-partition?

Regards,

116. Silky

May 22, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I’m running the NEE version of JVH. If I install XXJVO can I change my CSC to XEU? (i’m in the UK) How do I do it??

May 23, 2011 at 5:47 am

@silky don’t worry it wont affect anything!! the default of JVO is better than you are talking about

117. marc

May 22, 2011 at 6:59 pm

searching some firmware with android 2.3.4 rooted, with clockwork mode.. feel stupid to install any of them.. is there any easy flashing firmware like i really want… LOve the MIUI rom 🙁

May 22, 2011 at 7:04 pm

@marc we will not personally recommend you to install anything which is unstable and buggy! this rom of jvo is best and is stable!

• marc

May 23, 2011 at 11:00 am

.. its nice.. but one thing is very bad.. BATERRY ISSSUE 🙁 ITS DRAINING BATTERY stays for 3 – 4 hours… whenthe update will be ready for flashing?/?/?/// PLS

118. MTarek

May 22, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Does this version support Arabic or still not yet we don’t have a Gingerbread version for Arabic ?

Regards

May 22, 2011 at 6:45 pm

No @MTarek as of now but as soon as it arrives we will surely cover it in the site!

• MTarek

May 23, 2011 at 4:16 pm

119. pakesh

May 22, 2011 at 4:56 pm

just a note to those unable to connect galaxy s to kies. I’m sure you’ve all done it but it may be worth re-checking that any previous pims software is uninstalled as it may be blocking the ports that kies uses to connect to your phone. In my case i had to kill palm hotsync manager, and kies connected like a dream. However, I would still say that as a piece of software, Kies stinks.

May 22, 2011 at 6:46 pm

@PAKESH XXJVO IS WORKING ABSOLUTELY FINE WITH KIES!

120. hassan

May 22, 2011 at 12:29 pm

how i entered download mode in galaxy s i9000 16gb

May 22, 2011 at 12:41 pm

@hassan follow the above mentioned procedure!

121. krish

May 22, 2011 at 11:08 am

using this for 2 days…installed 19th when posted….. I can say battery life improved !

thanks Neil…

May 22, 2011 at 11:10 am

thanks for the feedback @krish!

• mizi

May 23, 2011 at 12:59 am

hi nael. when the rooting process of xxjvo will be out? hope will came out as soon as possible.

May 23, 2011 at 5:46 am

yes @mizi we will surely bring on very soon!

122. Justin Sturdee

May 22, 2011 at 11:02 am

how do you enable a clear/transparent background in the applications page/menu?
    one rom i downloaded had this in it how do i go about getting it back on this firmware?

May 22, 2011 at 11:07 am

@Justin just head to settings and you will find all the options!

• Justin Sturdee

May 25, 2011 at 10:39 am

yeah thats great but WHAT SETTING? what is the setting called?

123. Luka S

May 21, 2011 at 8:43 pm

does this fw also have battery issues?

i’m curcurently on JVB and the pohne dies in like 6hour at low usage -.-

• sasa77ar

May 22, 2011 at 1:44 pm

JVH and JVO are the same in terms of batteries that are better than JVB’s but I think it’s better than this JVH sada.Ja JVO now use the batteries overnight spends about 3%. When you light up a wireless network can handle about 7 hours

• sasa77ar

May 22, 2011 at 1:51 pm

and something else. I did this so I was perhaps a good battery. battery to 100%. shut the phone and charging another 30 min. while still on the charger push the arrow up, menu and buton for start and clear wipe chach.restart.

May 22, 2011 at 6:45 pm

@sasa77ar JVO is better in 2.3.3 as of now compared to all the versions!

• sasa77ar

May 22, 2011 at 9:33 pm

you’re right, my mistake, here test this version and the battery for 7 hours I have lost 8% of the wireless network from one hour.THANKS Neal .. and greetings from Serbia

May 23, 2011 at 5:47 am

@sasa77ar really thanks for your feedback!

124. Prabhpreet

May 21, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Im using jvb, plz tell me is this fw better then jvb

125. armizi

May 21, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Neal what is the improvement this version over jvh. currently im on jvh.

126. steppsgh

May 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm

@NEAL. what are the improvements of this version over the XWJVB and XWJVH

• Gil

May 23, 2011 at 6:29 pm

my battery ran for 10 hours while i install all my apps and also got the livewallpaper cpu, i think,
      which hapen to consume tons of juice from your battery.
      compare that to the old version.

does anybody knows when will the 2.3.4 be released?

127. sasa77ar

May 21, 2011 at 12:47 pm

tht

128. m

May 21, 2011 at 11:13 am

129. marc

May 21, 2011 at 9:07 am

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE UPDATE WILL COME? HOPE IT WILL COME WITH ( HOW TO ROOT IT) btw, does anyone know how to install clockwork mode??? using this firmware XXJVO

130. Shabbir Poonawala

May 21, 2011 at 8:01 am

Is this upgrade also applicable to GT-I9003?

131. Zaeem S.

May 21, 2011 at 5:59 am

No, no. This version still has battery issues and Android-OS issues.

I wish Samsung would fix this. :/

• prabhpreet

May 23, 2011 at 3:52 pm

what? r u feeling same response like ur older fw. do u find any issue in this jvo fw

May 23, 2011 at 5:29 pm

@prabhpreet JVO is better than any 2.3.3

132. Matt R.

May 21, 2011 at 2:47 am

I wish I could update… but if I plug my usb cable into the computer, it doesn’t recognize the phone.. 90% of the time, the computer doesn’t react when I plug in the phone. the other 9.9% of the time, it says “usb malfunction. usb device not recognized” The cable feels very loose in the USB jack on the i9000.. I don’t know if the actual charger port is semi-broken, or if its something else with the phone.. I can charge the phone fine, but it won’t make a data connection..

• marc

May 21, 2011 at 9:01 am

TRY TI INSTALL KIES (SAMSUNG) AND THERE IS DRIVERS TO DOWNLOAD :/

• Matt R.

May 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm

do you really think I HAVEN’T tried that yet? I’ve installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, reuninstalled.. I’ve done everything I can think of on every forum I find suggestions on.. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is buying a replacement charging port and replacing it myself…

• golem1681

May 24, 2011 at 3:13 am

Did you try plugging the phone into other laptop/desktop?
          Maybe it’s the computer USB port damage, not the phone’s… :/

• Matt R.

May 24, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I’ve tried on a few of my computers: 2 Windows XP/7 laptops, 1 Macbook Pro, 1 desktop running Ubuntu 10.04.1, and one netbook running Fedora 15 Beta. NONE of them work. I have sent it to Immix Wireless to have it warranty repaired as the Samsung Phone support person couldn’t get it working as I was following their steps and it bricked my phone…

• golem1681

May 25, 2011 at 12:11 am

Sorry to hear that..
          it made you’ve no choice, all available approaches need a normal USB connection.
          Hope you get it back soon.

• suv1986

June 22, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I had this same problem and all i did was turn my phone off and back on while still connected through USB and Kies recognised my phone…….. hope this helps

• Darkstar

June 16, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I have this same problem. After updating to Gingerbread 2.3.3, i can’t get my phone to connect to the PC. My PC doesn’t recognize the phone. It always states, “USB device not recognized”. tried reinstalling, nothing works. Does anyone knows what else to do??

• gideon

June 5, 2011 at 8:56 pm

plsw try aqnd activate USB DEBUGIN FROM YOUR PHONE SETTINGS

133. Vishal

May 20, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Is there any difference between this 2.3.3 update and the version with P1000XXJPZ?

May 21, 2011 at 9:12 am

@vishal yes there are quite a few differences!

134. David Rolfe

May 20, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Hi,

I have just downloaded the above file “XXJVO Firmware Package” (for which I thank you!) but when I try to unzip it I am advised that password you supplied, namely ‘androidadvices.com’ is not the correct one.

Can you help please?

• David Rolfe

May 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Hi,

Sorry about that, but when I copied & pasted it, it worked OK… strange!

• Lihas

March 15, 2012 at 6:10 pm

@David Rolfe, How you Downloaded XXJVO Firmware Package , because i am not finding any option for that .

135. Matt R

May 20, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Has the battery life improved from XXJVK? I have read a lot about how JVK has had the best battery life so far.. If this battery life is better, then it would definitely be to everyone’s benefit..

May 20, 2011 at 4:12 pm

@MATT YES YOU CAN EXPERIENCE BETTER BATTERY!

136. marc

May 20, 2011 at 1:39 pm

why the 3g doesnt work??? I was lucky i rank my meteor (IRELAND) they sent me set up.. but would be glad if next update (coming soon) would incude 3g network, im on billpay so i really need it (FACEBOOK 🙂 ) IM CHECKING THIS WEB SITE EVERY DAY.. BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO CHECK IF THE NEW UPDATE HAS COME ALREADY.. ( how to check it ) THANX ( sorry for my engl. Im originally from CZECH )

137. Zaeem S.

May 20, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Thank you, once again, for the clear and precise instructions. For some weird reason, my Galaxy S wasn’t connecting with KIES. So, this is the best method of updating my firmware! 😀

138. Prakash

May 20, 2011 at 6:22 am

I have recently successfully updated my Galaxy SI9000 to Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread). Is it possible for me to update to Android 2.3.4

May 20, 2011 at 9:09 am

@Prakash as of now the update is not yet come but as soon as it comes we will surely update with the same!

• imran

August 22, 2011 at 4:42 am

HEY HOW HAVE U UPDATE IT .. I COULDN’T FIND ANY OPTION TO DO SO … CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH IT

August 23, 2011 at 11:34 am

kindly refer all the pages of the article

• Lihas

March 15, 2012 at 6:06 pm

@Prakash, : How can i find software 0r gingerbread software to download .

139. marc

May 19, 2011 at 9:31 pm

how to root this XXJVO 2.3.3 Firmware pls let me know

May 20, 2011 at 9:10 am

sure @marc we will soon come up with the tutorial to root xxjvo!

• Jay

May 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I haven’t tried rooting my phone. may I know what would be the advantage of doing this?