We always ensure that none of our readers go sad faced from this website and also your success is what we want and that’s exactly is our strength. For all those who are repeatedly asking for a dedicated Arabic version of firmware for Gingerbread, we would like to inform that still there is no official Arabic Gingerbread version of 2.3.3 but as of now the only dedicated Arabic version is Froyo 2.2.1 version. So, let’s proceed and see on how you can easily update your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with the same. If you are new to all these firmware updation process then you will have to know everything in detail so that you don’t brick your phone. Just follow the below mentioned pre requisites as well as the procedure on how to update the firmware and you will be easily able to upgrade the version. This dedicated Arabic version of Froyo 2.2.1 is dubbed as the JPJPM.
Since the firmware package which we have compiled is a 3 file package plus along with the PIT file, you can install this firmware from any of the current firmware irrespective of 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.3.2 or even from or 2.3.3.
Pre requisites for Firmware update:
- Please note that before proceeding to the updation of the Galaxy S, ensure that your phone is having the model number as Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and not any other similar looking phones like Captivate, Mesmerize, SL I9003 or any other phones as if you install with this firmware then some of the functionalities won’t run and could even lead to serious damage to your phone.
- Ensure that all data which is present in your phone is backed up in your computer which can be done by using the Astro File Manager application. Also, you can manage all contacts by syncing all of them with the Gmail.
- Next up ensure that you have removed the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in the phone,
- After this, ensure that you keep some things like USB cable which you have got with your Galaxy S GT I9000 and also the Galaxy S device,
- Most importantly you need to ensure that your phone has atleast75-80% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
- (Optional) Many of the Galaxy S users have reported the problem that they are unable to get into the download mode which is the top most necessity for updating your device, so for all those we came up with a tutorial here, just follow the given instructions and you can easily fix the download mode and also the recovery mode bug. This procedure is only for those whose devices unable to get into the download mode and the recovery mode.
- Please note that flashing with the firmwares doesn’t mean that you are ROOTING Galaxy S. If you have flashed with Voodoo Lag fixes then too you can easily flash your device with this firmware.
- Ensure that you have closed the KIES completely and also disable any firewalls, antivirus if any. Be rest assured as all the files which are mentioned in this article are safe and virus free.
Procedure to update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Froyo 2.2.1 (Arabic):
- Before proceeding to the updation process, you will have to first download the Complete flash kit which contains all the firmware updation essentials like PIT File, Odin and other things like PDA, Phone and CSC files. Please note that after downloading you will have to extract the folder contents and if you are prompted to enter the password while extracting the contents then all you need to enter the standard password which is nothing but androidadvices.com. So, as soon as the password is entered, the files will be extracted successfully to the folder. It’s recommended to extract the folder contents to the desktop so that you can easily access the same. You can see the below screen shot on how it looks like after the extraction of files. If there is any file missing after comparing from the below screen shot then that means the files haven’t been downloaded, so you will have to again download the zip file and need to extract the same.
- Now, after extraction of the contents, click on Odin to open the same and after that you will have to remove the Sim card and also the memory card if any after which open the Odin in your computer. Now at this point of time, you will have to enter your phone in the download mode which can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Now, if you have successfully entered into the download mode then you will see a green screen triangle screen which is shown below.
- If the device boots in the normal mode with the home screen then retry the process and if despite retrying you are unable to get into download mode then you will have to fix the download mode error for your phone. But only do this if you are not able to get into download mode repeatedly.
- Now, as soon as you get into the download mode, you will have to connect the Phone to the computer with the help of USB cable while Odin opened in the desktop. As soon as you connect the phone, you will see that first ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below snapshot.
- Now, as soon as the Odin is opened, all you need to do is to enter in the files carefully as mentioned below,you will have to select the below mentioned files from the package which you have downloaded and extracted as mentioned above,
PIT – s1_odin_20100512.pit,
PDA – I9000JPJPM_CL913489_PDA_Kernel.tar.md5,
Phone – I9000JXJPF_CL794951_Phone.tar.md5,
CSC – I9000OJPJPL_CL913280_CSC.tar.md5
- So, after double checking the entry of files you just need to click on the Start button after which the firmware updation process will be initiated as shown in the below screen shots.
- The updation process generally takes up to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- That’s it, as soon as the firmware update process gets completed, you will see a blue colored “PASS” box as shown above which means that the firmware updation process has completed successfully, but wait till you see the below screen on Odin as only after which you need to pull out the USB cable from your computer (preferably pull out the USB cable only after you see the home screen).
- Generally it takes up to 5 minutes to boot the Galaxy S after updating the device. So, now when you see the home screen you will have to turn off the phone, insert the sim card as well as the memory card if any and then you will have to reboot your Galaxy S in the recovery mode so as to clear all the cache and also you will have to Wipe all the data in your phone so that all the junk files will be deleted so that your phone will become faster and zippier.
To enter into the recovery mode, all you need to do is to first switch off the device and then wait till the phone vibrates after which hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button), while holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device after which you will have to choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition with the help of the volume down buttons after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which your Galaxy S will be rebooting and again you will have to set up your Google accounts etc. The recovery mode screen will look like the one which is shown in the above screen shot. Do, let us know if you come across with any problems as we will guide you to get out of those. Some of the users might face some battery issues but you can easily increase the battery life for Samsung Galaxy S. Apart from the battery issues there are no other issues which are being reported. But if there are any then do let us know, we will help you get out of issues.