It was the version 2.2.1 Froyo which we saw for the dedicated Arabic version dubbed as JPJPM and now we will see on how you can install the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.3 in the Arabic version for your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Many of the users wanted to know on how they can install the Gingerbread 2.3.3 version after knowing on how to install the Froyo 2.2.1 Arabic Froyo version. So, let’s proceed and see on how you can easily update your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with the same. If you are new to all these firmware updation process then you will have to know everything in detail so that you don’t brick your phone. Just follow the below mentioned pre requisites as well as the procedure on how to update the firmware and you will be easily able to upgrade the version. To facilitate smoother firmware update you will have to follow the below said instructions carefully.
There are several improvements which have been done. Please note that there are no changes if you compare with the version of XXJVO Gingerbread 2.3.3. The best part of this update is that irrespective of on what firmware you are on currently that is on Eclair 2.1 or even Froyo 2.2, 2.2.1 or say in any Gingerbread 2.3.3 version, you can directly proceed for the firmware update for your Galaxy S just by following the below procedures carefully. Please note that many users keep repeatedly address the issue of NO INTERNET CONNECTION working after the firmware update, for all those i would like to say that since the firmware upgrade process will be undergone all the APN Settings which are responsible for the Internet access will be wiped and you will have to reconfigure them all to get an Internet access and in the same way you will also have to configure all the MMS settings to be able to send the MMS from your phone after the firmware update.
There are several improvements which have been solved in this update of Arabic 2.3.3 JPJV6 as the problems of frequent force close errors of some of the applications have been sorted out and also many applications were facing the compatibility issues including the Adobe flash 10.3 version which is now have been fixed and is optimized for better overall processing speed. So, let’s proceed and see on how you can easily update your Galaxy S GT I9000 with the latest update of XXJVO 2.3.3. Just follow the below mentioned procedure to avoid problems and just in case if due to any issues the software update refuses to happen due to power failure than just re try the whole procedure from start and never try to manually interrupt the updation process as this may harm your device. Also, updating this firmware in any manner will not void the warranty or spoil the phone as long as you are following every single instruction which is mentioned below. Please note that in any manner that is in part or in whole we can’t be held responsible for anything and this firmware is not recommended for all those whose phones are network locked.
Pre requisites for Firmware update:
- Please note that before proceeding to the updation of the Galaxy S, ensure that your phone is having the model number as Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and not any other similar looking phones like Captivate, Mesmerize, SL I9003 or any other phones as if you install with this firmware then some of the functionalities won’t run and could even lead to serious damage to your phone.
- Ensure that all data which is present in your phone is backed up in your computer which can be done by using the Astro File Manager application. Also, you can manage all contacts by syncing all of them with the Gmail.
- Next up ensure that you have removed the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in the phone,
- After this, ensure that you keep some things like USB cable which you have got with your Galaxy S GT I9000 and also the Galaxy S device,
- Most importantly you need to ensure that your phone has atleast75-80% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
- (Optional) Many of the Galaxy S users have reported the problem that they are unable to get into the download mode which is the top most necessity for updating your device, so for all those we came up with a tutorial here, just follow the given instructions and you can easily fix the download mode and also the recovery mode bug. This procedure is only for those whose devices unable to get into the download mode and the recovery mode.
- Please note that flashing with the firmwares doesn’t mean that you are ROOTING Galaxy S. If you have flashed with Voodoo Lag fixes then too you can easily flash your device with this firmware.
- Ensure that you have closed the KIES completely and also disable any firewalls, antivirus if any. Be rest assured as all the files which are mentioned in this article are safe and virus free.
Procedure to install Gingerbread 2.3.3 (Arabic) JPJV6:
- First of all you will have to download the Gingerbread 2.3.3 JPJV6 Zip file from here and need to unzip the same to get a tar file named “jv6_jv6_jv6.tar”and also the flash tool Odin. Please note that in the process of extraction, if you are prompted to enter any password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas. Preferably, extract to the desktop so that you can easily find the file for flashing it to your phone. Please note that you should not rename the file in any manner or else the files won’t be recognized by the flashing tool which is Odin in this case.
- Now you will have to put your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 in the download mode which can be done by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. If you have successfully entered into the download mode then you will see a green screen which is shown below. Also, additionally note that if the device boots in the normal mode with the home screen then you will have to again switch off the device and retry the process and if despite retrying you are unable to get into download mode then you will have to fix the download mode error for your phone. You can see the download mode screen on how it looks like.
- Now, after putting the Galaxy S in the download mode it’s time to open the Odin flash tool which is there in the extracted contents of the firmware folder. Just click on the Odin to open the same and after this you will have to connect the phone with the computer with the help of USB cable which you have got at the time of purchase of your Galaxy S GT I9000.
- At this moment, as soon as you connect the phone, the ID : COM block will turn yellow as you can see in the below screen shot and also in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below screenshot.
- So, after following the above steps carefully, it’s time to proceed ahead for selecting the file to downgrade the software version to the official DDJG4 Eclair 2.1. Ensuring that the phone is connected, you will have to click on the PDA option id Odin and then you will have to select the tar file which you have downloaded and extracted which is jv6_jv6_jv6.tar. After selecting the file, you will not have to change any other parameters like the Re partition etc. Also, most importantly you don’t have to choose any files in the PIT, Phone as well as CSC in the Odin.Please note that set all the parameters as shown in the below screenshot.
PDA – jv6_jv6_jv6.tar
- Please note that after adding this file, just simply click on the “Start” option to start the firmware update process. After clicking on the start, you will see that the firmware will be installed in your phone within a time of not more than 5 minutes.
- After the Galaxy S reboots, you will have see the home screen and then choose the options accordingly and then after you see the home screen and after the completion of Media scanning, you will have to go in the recovery mode wherein you will have to delete the cache memory so that all unwanted files are removed if there are any left in the phone.
- For this you will have to first turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which your Galaxy S will be rebooting and again you will have to set up your Google accounts etc. Doing this will not only optimize the battery but will also remove all the data flux from your phone.
- So, there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest firmware for your Galaxy S which is the Arabic Gingerbread version. To check on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show 2.3.3. As you can see above that we have shown some of the images of latest Gingerbread update. You will see that the version will be 2.3.3 and the version name will be JPJV6.
Note : You will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings.
Do, let us know if you come across any issues or problems as we will see to it that all the issues are resolved.