In a bid to improve the overall user experience to give you the best out of your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 we bring on the latest update tutorials so that each and every user of this phone. So, continuing with this there’s an all new firmware which has hit the servers of Samsung which is dubbed as 2.3.3 XWJVH. This firmware is actually the KIES release and is the official release for some parts of the World and is no beta version of Gingerbread. The best part of this update is that anyone with the unlocked version of Galaxy S GT I9000 can update their phones. Please note that this update 2.3.3 is not for Galaxy SL I9003 or even to another similar looking phones, if you proceed and update with the same then we are not responsible for the outcome of the update on your phone, it can even brick your phone. As soon as update for your phone comes, we will surely update with the same on this site androidadvices.com.
NOTE : To update with this firmware you will have to first install 2.3.3 XWJVB and then you will have to follow the below procedure to update with 2.3.3 XWJVH so as to facilitate smoother firmware update.
After the solid battery life of XXJPY 2.2.1 which was my personal pick of the firmware, this version of XWJVH 2.3.3 is very much close to it when we talk of the battery life and optimization. I expect more battery optimization in the coming releases of 2.3.3. Very soon there will be a beta update on how you can update the Galaxy S I9000 with the 2.3.4 version of Gingerbread in which you can enjoy the Video version of Gtalk, though there is no Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) of the same but as soon as it comes we will surely update the site with the same. Last time we saw on how you can update the Galaxy S GT I9000 with 2.3.3 XWJVB.
Many of the users also would like to ask about the stability and credibility of this firmware update, but you will be happy to know that this is not any beta or the leak release but in fact this Gingerbread 2.3.3 version is a KIES release which has been just released for United Kingdom. So, let’s proceed and see on what are the pre requisites for this update and also will see on how you can update with the latest version of Gingerbread XWJVH 2.3.3 version.
Note: Updating your phone with this update of 2.3.3 XWJVH doesn’t mean that the warranty is void as you are not rooting your device to void the warranty. Only rooting the device leads to voiding of warranty.
Pre Upgrade Instructions:
1. So, first up before proceeding to update, you need to ensure that you have synced all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, applications, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card.
2. Next up remove the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in your phone, just to make sure that in an unlikely event the data in it doesn’t get corrupted,
3. Ensure that you have kept original USB cable handy which you have got with your Galaxy S GT I9000 and also the Galaxy S device,
4. Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
5. Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
6. (Optional) Many of the Galaxy S users have reported the problem that they are unable to get into the download mode which is the top most necessity for updating your device, so for all those we came up with a tutorial here, just follow the given instructions and you can easily fix the download mode and also the recovery mode bug. This procedure is only for those whose devices unable to get into the download mode and the recovery mode.
7. Please note that flashing with the firmwares doesn’t mean that you are ROOTING your device. If you have flashed with Voodoo Lag fixes then too you can easily flash your device with this firmware. But it’s recommended to disable all the lag fixes which are applied in your phone.
8. Ensure that you have closed the KIES completely and also disable any firewalls, antivirus if any as these softwares tend to avoid the software upgradation process.
9. Last but not the least, you can go ahead and update the below mentioned firmware irrespective of your current firmware, be it 2.1 or 2.2 or even any versions of 2.2.1 or 2.3 but before that you will have to update your phone with XWJVB 2.3.3 version to proceed updating with this firmware version.
Procedure to update Galaxy S GT I9000 with XWJVH 2.3.3:
- Before proceeding you will have to first up have to download the 2.3.3 XWJVH Gingerbread Package which contains the PDA File, PIT File and also has the Odin Multi downloader with which you will be flashing the firmware. After downloading the package, you will have to unzip or extract the same. Please note that in the process of extraction or unzipping if it prompts for the password then you need to enter the password as androidadvices.com.
- Now, next up you will have to enter your phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Now, if you have successfully entered into the download mode then you will see a green screen which is shown below.
- If the device boots in the normal mode with the home screen then retry the process and if despite retrying you are unable to get into download mode then you will have to fix the download mode error for your phone.
- Now, after successfully getting into the download mode, you will have to connect the Phone to the computer with the help of USB cable while Odin opened in the desktop. As soon as you connect the phone, you will see that first ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below snapshot.
- Now, as soon as phone is connected, you simply need to select the files as mentioned below, without changing any parameters as shown in the below screen shot. You will have to select the below mentioned files from the package which you have downloaded and extracted as mentioned above. But before that we hope that you have already installed the 2.3.3 XWJVB version in your Galaxy S GT I9000.
PIT – s1_odin_20100512.pit
PDA – JVH_JV3_JPO
- Now, as soon as you enter in the fields with the above mentioned files, you will have to click on the Start option to proceed for the updation process after which the device upgradation process starts as shown below
- Now, as soon as the update is applied into the phone, the phone will process the update at the final stage which will be shown just like the below mentioned screen as in the message box you will see the message as “PASS”.
- Now, after seeing the PASS message as shown above, you still don’t have to pull out the USB cable till the home screen or any language selection notification doesn’t arrive or else you will mess up with your phone. It will take up to 5 minutes of updation, to show up the language selection screen. So, after the language selection screen is displayed on your mobile screen, you will see the below screen on your Odin in your computer.
- Now, after reboot you will see that you will be asked to set up the startup options, choose the options accordingly and then after you see the home screen and after the completion of Media scanning, you will have to go in the recovery mode wherein you will have to delete the cache memory so that all unwanted files are removed if there are any left in the phone.
- For this you will have to first turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which your Galaxy S will be rebooting and again you will have to set up your Google accounts etc.
- Now, to check on which version you are on then you will have to just tap on the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show 2.3.3. As you can see above that we have shown some of the images of latest Gingerbread update.
Note : You will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings.
So, that’s it you have now successfully updated with the latest firmware of 2.3.3 XWJVH. Do, let us know if you face any issues in the upgradation process. Soon, we will also be coming up with the procedure on how to root XWJVH 2.3.3 firmware phone.