Hats Off to the AOKP (Android Open KANG Project) who have developed many ICS Android 4.0 custom ROM firmwares which are just awesome. So, on similar lines in this article we will be checking out on how you can easily install the latest ICS Android 4.0 firmware in your Original Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 for which unfortunately SAMSUNG has refused to come up with an ICS firmware. Please note that this firmware which we will be talking of is a custom ROM firmware and not an official firmware released or leaked from SAMSUNG.
Note: Please note that this procedure will not work for the TABS which have model number as P1000L/ N / CDMA / P1010 Wi Fi Only versions. If you still continue to apply this update then there is a high probability that the device may get bricked.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Your Galaxy Tab P1000 needs to be rooted and without rooting you cannot proceed for applying this firmware. You can use the Super One Click ROOT application for rooting your tab. This tool is a PC based tool and is a very safe tool indeed.
- The minimum free space in your tab’s internal SD should be at least 3 GB.
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 80% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
- Now, you need to enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Tab P1000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the ICS Android 4.0 release is summed up.
Pages: 1 2