Procedure to Update Galaxy Tab P1000 with ICS AOKP Android 4.0 Firmware:
- First up you need to Download the “Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe.zip” Package from here to your computer and connect your Galaxy Tab to the computer to place this downloaded zip file in your tab. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders or else it will not get detected.
- Now, remove the connected USB cable and turn off the device so that the device can be entered in the CWM recovery mode. In the recovery mode, you need to select “choose zip from internal SD Card” and select the zip file which you have placed in the device “Overcome_7_Series_v4.1.0_NoWipe.zip”.
- Once you are done with this, select “ ++++ Go Back ++++” and choose reboot system now for restarting the device.
So upon successful completion of the above steps, you can now proceed to the next step mentioned below.
- Download Stock Safe Package, Overcome Kernel and Overcome 7 Series ROM 4.1.1 Wipe Edition Package from here to your computer.
- First up you need to extract “001001-GB-Stock-Safe-v5.zip file” to any folder of your choice and then you need to turn Off your Galaxy Tab P1000 so that you can then enter the device in the Download mode.
- The download mode in the Galaxy Tab P1000 can be entered by holding the volume down button and then switch ON the device as shown in the below picture.
- Now, open the extracted folder of “001001-GB-Stock-Safe-v5.zip” and open the Odin 3 v1.7 executable file in your computer and connect your Galaxy Tab to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Once you connect the device, you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been installed successfully and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- Now, in the Odin you need to click on the respective tabs and select the files as mentioned below.
PIT – gt-p1000_mr.pit,
PDA – GB_Stock_Safe_v5.tar,
Phone – If you’re a North American T-MOBILE Tab user, look for the “T-Mobile Modem” folder and select the “modem.bin” file.
If you’re an AT&T (USA), TelCel (Mexico – if you’re not using the GT-P1000L Tab) and Telstra (Australia) user, look for the “JK3 Modem” folder and select the “modem.bin” file.
- After selecting the files, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update and once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be restarted.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be restarted and then once you see the home screen in your tab, you can then remove the connected USB cable.
Tip: Due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of ICS KANG Android 4.0 firmware release in your Galaxy Tab P1000. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process for applying the update.