Things required before proceeding for update are listed below, so download and extract all of those in your computer. Please note that just in case if it prompts you to enter the password then enter the password as androidadvices.com:
Procedure to Update Gingerbread 2.3.3 on SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab:
- Firs up you will have to download the bootloader or ROM without Boot loader after which you will have to extract the same on your computer. Please note that you will have to extract the Galaxy Tab root files.zip as well as other two files which will be named as gt-p1000_mr.pit as well as the dbdata.tar.
- After extracting the contents preferably to the computer desktop, all you need to do now is to just run the Odin after which just click on the PDA button from the Odin and choose the ROM which you have downloaded and extracted the same.
- Now, after selecting the file, you will have to be careful as the Re-Partition option should be checked or ticked.
- After doing this, you just need to select on the PIT and select the file named “GT-P1000_mr.pit”.
- After this you just have to turn your SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab off and then enter into the download mode. The download mode can be entered by holding the volume down button you will have to switch ON the device as shown in the below pictured manner.
- So, after entering in the download mode successfully you will have to connect your device to the computer with the data cable and need to make sure that the ID:COM box glows yellow which means that all the device drivers are loaded successfully and you are ready to proceed for the rest of the steps ahead.
- Now, after this just click on the Start button from the Odin and then you will see that the update will be processed successfully after which you will have to disconnect the phone and close the Odin from your computer. The device may take around 10 – 12 minutes for completing the process of updation of the above inputs.
- Now again enter the phone into the download mode which can be done by pushing the Volume down button followed by the Power ON button to enter the Tab in the download mode.