For all those who are having the Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi fi P 1010, now have got a reason to be happy as we will now tell you on how you can easily update Galaxy Tab Wi fi P1010 with the latest 2.2.1 Froyo plus release edition. This version of Froyo plus comes along with many additional enhancements for the Galaxy Tab. Right from the battery enhancement to the display orientation issues along with the improved touch sensitivity for the surfing the music files. Most of the users also complained about the faster battery discharge in the present version of firmware but is now sorted out with this all new update as the firmware is lot more optimized to deliver greater battery life.
The new firmware is dubbed as the XWKC1 2.2.1 version and the best part of this firmware is that any one from any part of the World can upgrade the firmware easily with this firmware update package which we will be looking out in the due course of the article. Please note that only proceed for the firmware update if your Galaxy Tab is dubbed as P1010 Galaxy Tab Wi Fi. If you flash this firmware with any other then there is a high possibility that you may brick your Galaxy Tab for which we will not be responsible in any manner whatsoever. Additionally we have mentioned below the systematic process wherein you will have to carefully follow the instruction carefully, both the pre update instructions to the firmware update instructions carefully. If you are new to the firmware updation process then you will have to ensure that you follow every single instruction carefully or else you will brick your phone and then you can only use your Galaxy Tab as an expensive paper weight. Please note that if just in case if you have rooted your Galaxy Tab then you will have to root your Galaxy Tab again after the firmware update as your device will get un rooted by upgrading the firmware and also please note that by updating the firmware of your Galaxy Tab won’t mean that you will lose the warranty, warranty voids by rooting the device and not by upgrading the firmware.
Pre Upgrade instructions:
- Ensure that you have created a backup of all the Contacts, Messages, Applications, Images, and Videos as in the due course of the firmware update your device will be completely wiped which will eventually erase all the things in your phone, though after creating the backup you can easily restore back all the contents including the Call log too.
- Don’t forget to charge your Galaxy Tab (Wi Fi) to a minimum of 50% so as to facilitate smoother firmware update and also close all the softwares like KIES suite, Antivirus, firewalls etc. or else there is a high possibility that this may interfere the process of firmware update.
- Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
- Keep the USB cable as well as the Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi Fi P 1010 handy so that you can easily proceed to the firmware update process.
- If the Galaxy Tab is locked with any of the network then it’s not recommended to update with the below firmware as this may void the warranty.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi Fi P1010 with XWKC1:
- Assuming that you have carefully followed the instructions which are mentioned in the Pre upgrade section just above, you will have to first up have to download the latest firmware update package which contains Odin as well as the firmware upgrade file which is XWKC1 in your computer.
- After downloading the package you will have to unzip to get the same. Please note that you will have to unzip the package after downloading and in the process of unzipping if it prompts you to enter the password then you will have to enter password as “androidadvices.com” and then the files will have to be extracted to the desktop.
- Now, next up you will have to open the Odin’s exe file from the downloaded package after which you will see that a pop up screen will be launched which will look like the below shown screen shot.
- As soon as you open the Odin as shown in the above screen shot, you will see that in the Option list as shown below, you will have to check all the options in the Option field which are “Re Partition”, “Auto Reboot” and also the “F:Reset Time”.
- Now, after selecting the options next up you will have to put your Galaxy Tab Wi Fi in the by holding the volume down button you will have to switch ON the device as shown in the below pictured manner. If your Galaxy Tab doesn’t turn on in the download mode then you will have to try again and then you will have to ensure that the download mode is turned on as shown below,
- So, after entering in the download mode successfully you will have to connect your device to the computer with the data cable and need to make sure that the ID:COM box glows yellow which means that all the device drivers are loaded successfully and you are ready to proceed for the rest of the steps ahead. You will have to enter in the options as mentioned below, Please note that apart from the below options don’t choose any other options.
PIT – p1wifi_20110128_r10_00.pit,
PDA – P1010XWKC1-REV03-ALL-low-CL946441.tar.md5,
CSC – GT-P1010-MULTI-CSC-OXXKC1.tar.md5
- Now, as soon as the yellow light is turned ON, there you go you can now hit on the Start button after which you will have to wait for a while till the Green colored “PASS” box is not shown up which is shown below. It may take 3-5 minutes to show up this box which is shown below,
- That’s it, you will see that within a period of some time the firmware will be successfully updated in your Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi P1010. Please note that in an unlikely event if you fail to update the software or some unusual error comes up then you will have to re follow the above procedure
Now, as soon as the update is applied into the phone, the phone will process the update at the final stage which will be shown just like the below mentioned screen as in the message box you will see the message as “PASS” which shows that the firmware update was successful. Since there is a cache memory of the previous firmware gets stored in the device, you will have to clear the same and which can be done by performing the full reset by dialing the short code *2767*3855# and then you will see that all the cache is cleared successfully. To check that version has been successfully updated or not you will have to type in the code as “*#1234#”. If you encounter with any sorts of issues then do let us know so that we can solve the issues.