How To Update Verizon HTC Thunderbolt to 1.13.605.7
For all those who were optimistic about the update for their thunderbolt, now it’s the time when you will have a reason to cheer as Verizon Wireless have finally started rolling out the updates for the HTC thunderbolt. It was speculated that the update will be pushed on to the devices last month itself but sooner than the later update is finally being pushed and we will tell you on what are the enhancements which are made and also on how you can proceed in updating the device. Do, note that this fresh new update for HTC Thunderbolt is only for the devices which are powered by the Verizon Wireless network. The all new update is dubbed as 1.13.605.7 with the baseband version of 1.16.00.0402w_1. Please note that if you have rooted your device then the device will have to be rooted again after the updation process.
Enhancements in the new Update for HTC Thunderbolt:
- Now, no more issues will be faced in the data connectivity as with the enhancement of data connectivity done by Verizon you will no longer face any issues in accessing the Verizon’s 3G network.
- With issues in SMS and MMS messages being stored properly, the issues are solved easily in the Inbox as well as Sent messages.
- Some of the users complained about the device activation being bit delayed, you no more will have to face such issues as after the update the bug will be solved.
- Backup Assistant option is correctly displayed in the Application menu and also several stability improvements have been done for all the data centric applications like facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo Mail and also for My Verizon and more.
- The location based services have improved quite a lot after the update and also the weather widget have been improved a lot with quick loading of the data and also the GPS updates for the Google Maps as well as the VZ Navigator.
- Both the screen’s display as well as the phone’s stability has been worked on and as a result if you are charging your phone the back light will turn off automatically and also other know bugs have been fixed which were hindering the overall performance of Motorola Atrix 4G like unresponsiveness at few instances and also the force close errors in some applications have now been fixed. Last but not the least the car dock audio has been improved marginally and also the 3.5 mm jack performance has now been optimized further.
Pre Requisites for updating Motorola Atrix 4G:
- Ensure that you have a computer which has a processing speed of equal or greater to 400 MHz along with the minimum RAM of 256 MB with a minimum available hard disk space of 250 MB. Additionally, also ensure that you have a minimum of USB 1.1 in your computer or Laptop.
- Since you will have to connect Atrix 4G with your computer, ensure that you have kept USB cable handy and also note that your device should be at least 50 % charged to facilitate smoother firmware update.
- Please note that this update is only available for att powered Motorola Atrix 4G phones and not for any other phones.
- Since the firmware update process will take place it’s always advised to create a backup of all the data as in an unlikely even you may end up losing all the information which is present in your phone. So, that’s why the data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is filled by this update. The users who have already updated their device has reportedly said about the increase in the overall quadrant ranks along with many other great set of features.
- Ensure that you have an at least 50% of battery power so that update gets successfully completed as the firmware update requires more battery life than the normal usage.
Procedure to update Verizon HTC Thunderbolt:
- First up you will be notified that the system update is available on your device as shown in the below screen shot and then you will have to select the option “OK” after which the download process will begin as shown below,
- Next up you will have to select the “Ok” option and then the software updation process will be commenced as shown below,
- After you’ve received first notification of the system update you can manually initiate by going to “Home” > “Menu” > “Settings” > “Software Update” > “Check New”. Press “Restart & install”. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin. Do, note that if you wish to update at the later stage then you will get the pop up after 12 hours of time or alternatively you can also scan for the software update manually.
- Now, the updation process will begin once your device powers off and back on and you see the following screen as shown below,
- That’s it you have now successfully updated the phone’s software update.
Update while Roaming:
If you are in roaming then you will not be receiving the system update so you will have to enable Wi Fi and then you will be getting the update notification and then you will have to follow the update notification as shown below,
- Now, you will have to enable Wi‐Fi which can be done by going to “Settings” > “Wireless & networks”. Press “Wi‐Fi” to enable the same.
If the system update fails to install you will get the following error screen. However, this only means the software did not install properly. Remove and re‐insert the battery and power the device back on. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update. Please note that the update is only made available to the thunderbolt phones which are powered by the Verizon network. Do, let us know if you face any issues after the update.
Note : You will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings.